Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm BHP Magazines

We are diminished

9mm BHP Magazines

Has anyone tried the Mec-Gar 15rd magazines for the Browning Hi-Power?

Relevant gun has mag safety removed so no concern about mouse catch spring/ejection issue.

I use them for USPSA and IDPA for over a year now with no issues to report. If you want to use the Pearce +2 grip extensions, you need to swap the springs for either a Browning spring or a Wolff spring as the dimensions of the Mecgar springs is different.

I had problems with 3 of the MecGar 15rd "extended capacity" BHP magazines several years ago. The follower kept tilting to the left and binding up the magazine. I did not have the problem with the 13rd mags from MecGar. I havent heard of anybody else having the same problems though.

The follower/spring mods needed to squeeze in the extra 2 rounds are not doing you any favors.

I won't carry anything other than 13 rounders.

I have several I've used for years, but only at the range. The tilting follower does not inspire confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Has anyone tried the Mec-Gar 15rd magazines for the Browning Hi-Power?

Relevant gun has mag safety removed so no concern about mouse catch spring/ejection issue.

13rd only. I have seen some issues with the 15rd mags usually not locking back or locking back with a round in the mag.

This is what I get periodically with the 15 round mags:

While my P35 is retired, I would use the MecGars for practice, but forgo the two extra rounds and use the factory for carry, just because I felt they were more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    While my P35 is retired, I would use the MecGars for practice, but forgo the two extra rounds and use the factory for carry, just because I felt they were more reliable.

Whether you fully load them or not matters none.

I agree with the others. The 15 rounders can have problems. Go with the 13 round Mec Gars.

User Tag List