Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 40 S&W Choices

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    If 115gr standard pressure loads made the list I would s use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Try the Barnes 115gr, that one recoils so light I stopped and checked my gun to be sure I didn't have a squib. Less recoil, subjective this is, to me than WWB
    Guys- Try the BHA loading of the 115 Barnes. It is tested and marked as +P, but shoots like a standard pressure 115 and is quite agreeable in even the small guns.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Chuck & Skintop911

Although my R hand is 90% better now. I know I will have problems in the very near future.
    For some reason my joints in my fingers ,left wrist , and right ankle are getting weaker.
    So in the near future I might go 115gr Barnes +P as long as P30S likes it.

I've been a huge fan of BlackHills ammo since my first box of MK262

haven't had a chance to use any of there handgun ammo. Mainly the 9mm 115gr Barnes and the 38spl 148WC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I've been a huge fan of BlackHills ammo since my first box of MK262
    haven't had a chance to use any of there handgun ammo. Mainly the 9mm 115gr Barnes and the 38spl 148WC
    I've shot cases of both. They are GTG.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I think that Black Hills/Barnes loading is a legit choice.

Although not on Doc's list, I'd be comfortable carrying the 9mm Critical Defense as well for personal defense in a non LE role. I have found that ammo to be quality stuff, low recoil, and very accurate. In testing that I have seen it just makes the depth of penetration one is looking for in 4LD gel testing and expands reliably.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I think that Black Hills/Barnes loading is a legit choice.

Although not on Doc's list, I'd be comfortable carrying the 9mm Critical Defense as well for personal defense in a non LE role. I have found that ammo to be quality stuff, low recoil, and very accurate. In testing that I have seen it just makes the depth of penetration one is looking for in 4LD gel testing and expands reliably.
    In my own poor man's test against a car door and wetpack they did almost as well as the 180 gr PDX1(comparing the .40sw 165 gr Critical Defense)

as far as .40s go the 180 HST is pretty mild, I use that in my G27. Gold Dot 155 and 165 are pretty hot loads in the .40 for those that may be recoil sensitive. I carry the 165 Hst in my G23. although I don't shoot as much as some but I never found the .40 to be a problem. I would never carry a 9mm conversion barrel in a .40 for SD for many reasons including different breech face dimensions. although I have used a LW 9mm conversion barrel in my 23 with no issues I wouldn't stake my life on its reliability

User Tag List