Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCS Eidolon AIWB Configuration Pic Thread

If you're carrying AIWB, does the shield face the outside or face your gut?

All the pics I've seen online of AIWB have the shield on the outisde, yet the left handed holster I have will face the gut in AIWB carry.

Or is it personal preference?

I of one of these the other day, here is how I have mine setup. It is very comfortable and modular, I still like my JM though one because it's for my gun with a wml but it's also very comfortable as well. Both are easy to draw for me and hide the gun well with just a t-shirt.

Last edited by karmapolice; 05-01-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    If you're carrying AIWB, does the shield face the outside or face your gut?

All the pics I've seen online of AIWB have the shield on the outisde, yet the left handed holster I have will face the gut in AIWB carry.

Or is it personal preference?
    You're probably seeing pictures of ambi models that have a shield on both sides so they work with right or left handed folks. RCS also sales right and left hand specific models as well. My holster was an ambi with both shields and it never presented any problems for me but I did eventually remove the outside shield leaving only the inside sweat shield. RCS actually molds a witness mark onto the holster body so if you decide to remove the shield its easy to figure out where to cut. Karmapolice's photos above show an ambi model FYI.
    Last edited by MD7305; 05-01-2016 at 02:57 PM.

User Tag List