Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JM Custom AIWB SPMP Review

Site Supporter
    I just got the longer length SPMP, which Tony so kindly sent as a swap. It is more comfortable and definitely conceals significantly better for me than the standard version did. I couldn't be happier with it as a mag carrier.

Tony also swapped mine out for the new version. I went from occasionally wearing it - to double check if I *really* didn't like it - to wearing it constantly. Superb execution and matching customer service!

Anyone know if JM will integrate ALS into his holsters?

The newer injection-molded clip he's using for these now is quite good. Very secure and, frankly, just as good as the split loops as far as stability goes. For me, a clip-on mag pouch is just plain easier to deal with, so I'm glad he's got a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    I just got one of these about a week ago and I love it. I was able to carry mags before, but had to go behind the hip in a Kytex. Tony's carrier is faster and conceals better; if I wanted I could still put one or two behind the hip for additional capacity. It seems to work well for me out of the box; there is a nice little cavity created by the AIWB gun on the other side, and it is the perfect place for a magazine. It's basically "free" space in terms of comfort and concealment.
    Hmmm.....while I moved to carrying my pistol AIWB, I've been working one or two spare mags in Kytex Gear pouches at my 9 o'clock for a few years. But since my reload action sucks, mainly due to having to reach/clear/draw from the hip location, and hearing of the improved mag-carry experience at AIWB, it seems I have been fighting the logical conclusion that I need to carry a mag in front.

Epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Anyone know if JM will integrate ALS into his holsters?
    Haraise, I could if they sell the ALS system separately , not sure if they do. I will look into it though. Thanks

Tony
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

We are diminished
    Just got mine and haven't really had a chance to play with it but it seems good to go so far:

Just got mine and really dig it. Much faster/simpler to access naturally than maneuvering around my left hip to reach a mag.
    What's more, it seems to balance-out my AIWB pistol location/weight.

Nice.

Tony does great work so this is not a comment on his product or quality.

The problem with clip on stuff is that they work...until they don't. Especially with stuff carried in front, seatbelts have a habit of getting under the clips and ripping the pouches off. I have destroyed multiple clip on pouches from multiple makers. If you think this won't happen to you, I would suggest that what you do in your normal range session/everyday life, is not much of a test. Getting into a fight and finding out you don't have that spare mag would suck. Spend a week debussing under fire, or some equivalent, and see what happens. Since that is the scenario you need the gear to work for, and the guys who do that professionally don't use clip on stuff, I call that a clue.

I recently started using these with the solid loop. Depending on clothing, I sometimes wear it inside the pants, sometimes between the pant and belt. Both ways work well.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List