Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TX DPS to adopt the SIG P-320 9mm ?

Site Supporter

TX DPS to adopt the SIG P-320 9mm ?

Latest off the rumor mill down here is the TX DPS adopting the SIG P-320 9mm to replace their P-226R DAK's in .357 SIG.

Apparently, after the M&P issues they tested the Glock 17, VP-9, and the P-320 with the SIG coming out on top.

Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Given DPS has been carrying SIGs since giving up revolvers and they are currently carrying and happy with DAK guns the P-320 is a logical choice. The trigger pulls are similar.

Sig coming out on top was probably decided before the pistols were tested. I prefer the P320 trigger to the DAK trigger.

Coming out on top is an interesting way to out it. Fairly well decided ahead of time.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Coming out on top is an interesting way to out it. Fairly well decided ahead of time.
    Agreed. I think the SIG was likely a compromise to facilitate the move to 9mm.

I also prefer the 320 trigger to the DAK. The original 6 lb DAK is a little nicer than the current 8lb red spring version but the 320 trigger is both better and faster.

If this is true, it's the kind of "large agency legitimacy" that will start to sell a lot of P320's.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

It was not winning the "objective" testing when I was there, but a majority of the staff wanted the SIG. I think they were very scared off by the change to something new with the M&P and did not get the level of post sale service they were used to.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 02-27-2015 at 09:01 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Show me a large (or small) LE entity that actually runs anything more than a subjective test...

Three Non Mil Fed entities have the equipment to do so.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Show me a large (or small) LE entity that actually runs anything more than a subjective test...

And I would guess one or more are headquartered near you.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post

Sorry Kevin, I was typing and thinking at the same time....which is dangerous. I meant objective and edited my post. They actually did a very good job that heavily documented and photoed every single failure of every pistol tested....because manufactures will often complain afterwards. When you add the subjective stuff is where things get interesting. This was no surprise on this one.

User Tag List