Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New comer and soon to buy first revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    A J frame or similarly sized gun is excellent for carry but not necessarily the best choice as a first ccw, especially if one has limited experience with revolvers in general.
    Very true, but it's what's being carried by more folks than just about anything else. Probably more J frames and LCP's being carried by civilians than all the service sized guns put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Very true, but it's what's being carried by more folks than just about anything else. Probably more J frames and LCP's being carried by civilians than all the service sized guns put together.
    It's been a while, but I remmeber an ASLET conference (maybe 2002??) where I was sitting around with a number of well-known firearms trainers discussing guns. While there was a bit of disagreement on the big gun, everyone at the table owned up to using a J-frame as their second gun, with most going for the Airweight.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

I'd get two no lock 442's or 642's & call it a day. They really are hard to beat.

Where the gators and crocs live in harmony
    Thank you for all the replies and shared knowledge..I guess because of my age, I would be considered inexperienced with a revolver, but I have carried and shot plenty. As for my choice I can't say I've decided as I didn't recieve my tax return yet, but I am liking the 642 the more I look at it. I know I was talking about a budget..but what do you guys think about this? It made me grin..http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_N

Also, I prefer a J frame, it feels more comfortable in my hand. K frames are what I would call classy, I'd bring it on a date.

Quote Originally Posted by CBOLMD View Post
    Also, I prefer a J frame, it feels more comfortable in my hand. K frames are what I would call classy, I'd bring it on a date.
    That would have been good info to include in the original post...
    ��
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Gotta' ask......are revolvers going to be your primary EDC weapons or BUGs? Grew up in that particular swamp myself. The salties and gators are on the gentle side of the local populace.
    Most of my knowledge base is "previously owned".

Quote Originally Posted by GK17 View Post
    Gotta' ask......are revolvers going to be your primary EDC weapons or BUGs? Grew up in that particular swamp myself. The salties and gators are on the gentle side of the local populace.
    I'm a local myself..we're not all that bad. I would carry it as well as my pistol, I just enjoy shooting revolvers, and I think it would be a nice option from time to time..also, I don't think my Dad has even owned a revolver..

Reason I asked was that the experts here(Which I am not!) can give you a lot more focused advice if they know you're talking about a BUG. Living in S. FL. also makes a difference in concealed carry options.
    Most of my knowledge base is "previously owned".

Stick with 38/357, best of everything! Stay away from Ruger CRAP! The older S&W and Colt revolvers are Top Notch. Don't get lured into snubbies, they suck for ANYTHING you're going to do with them. You can conceal 4"bbl six shot as easy as snub. Cylinder's the determining factor for revolver concealment. I've owned and shot revolvers for 40+yrs, I'm not steering you wrong here!

User Tag List