Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Verbal aggression at gunpoint

Verbal aggression at gunpoint

One criticism I've heard during ECQC evos is that the students' behavior at gunpoint isn't realistic in that they push beyond what a person would in real life.

REALLY good piece of video here. Probably more effective to see it in real life than for me to relate my own experiences which corroborate this.

http://concealednation.org/2015/02/v...taurant-brawl/

The link doesn't work -- page not found.

ETA: I think this is it -- http://concealednation.org/2015/02/v...taurant-brawl/

My first thought is, for a guy with a self-described open wound, he doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by the gun pointed at him. I don't know that I'd consider her as too aggressive; quite the contrary, given the guy's actions.

Southnarc, do you feel the level she went to ("take a step back, sir" repeated over and over) was appropriate? Would you have pushed further ("back the f--- up")? It's been my experience that aggressively-delivered profanity tends to have an impact, so long as you're not swearing at the person.
    Last edited by ssb; 02-26-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Thanks!
    You should hire a woman to scream at the top of her lungs while you are actively training....talk about stress!
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    You should hire a woman to scream at the top of her lungs while you are actively training....talk about stress!
    Cody
    Tiffany actually did just that at the Tac Conference this year!

Site Supporter
    You would be surprised at the crap some people will pull while at gunpoint, particularly if they do not believe the gun-holder will actually shoot them. Also, remember that the people you place at gunpoint are almost always A. Drunk B. Drugged C. Crazy as a shit-house rat or D. All of the above. Expecting rational behavior is a mistake. If they were rational you probably wouldn't be pointing a gun at them.

It would seem that some people are simply unimpressed with guns - imagine that.

I think having role-players who are similarly unimpressed with guns is important in shaking the "static response" crowd out of the delusion that their one move will save them. Screaming the same command at increasingly higher volume and rapidity will not always get the desired results - if someone is unimpressed with your commands and/or gun... then what?

It's a topic I'm getting a lot of experience with as I participate more and more in various aspects of FoF, and I'm seeing certain patterns repeat. It's quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    You would be surprised at the crap some people will pull while at gunpoint, particularly if they do not believe the gun-holder will actually shoot them. Also, remember that the people you place at gunpoint are almost always A. Drunk B. Drugged C. Crazy as a shit-house rat or D. All of the above. Expecting rational behavior is a mistake. If they were rational you probably wouldn't be pointing a gun at them.
    Excellent point. Theres way too many people online rationalizing their choice of gun/tactic/other decisions based on "Well no rational so-and-so is going to stick around with a gun pointed at them/want to get shot with a 25 auto/hearing a pump shotgun cycle/etc..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    It's quite interesting.

It fascinates me personally and I think it's the area least explored and discussed. Everyone wants problem solving to be linear and formulaic and real life rarely pans that way.

User Tag List