Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Game of Thrones? THAR BE SPOILERS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Not only has this season been awesome, but it's even more awesome because it's giving liberals the fits.

Dontcha' see boys and girls, America is racist and xenophobic for watching GoT, because immigrant, non-white, and LGBTQIALMNXOP populations keep getting killed off to serve the cis-gendered, hetero-normative whites. Due to this, the show's end-state is not "inclusive" enough of diverse cultures, regardless if Danny or Cersei wins.

Congratulations, America. We're fucked.
    He's sadly not kidding: Game of Thrones Keeps Killing Off Entire Immigrant Populations, And It's a Problem

P.S. those folks aren't liberal in any way shape or form, IMO.
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 04-30-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Son las cosas de la vida...

Shikata ga nai

Never really thought about whether John Snow's name could've / should've been John Black, John Brown, John any color but the driven snow...

Sheesh, you guys have ruined it for me now. I viewed the show as "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".
    Last edited by blues; 04-30-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Son las cosas de la vida...

Shikata ga nai

Never really thought about whether John Snow's name could've / should've been John Black, John Brown, John any color but the driven snow...

Sheesh, you guys have ruined it for me now. I viewed the show as "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".
    It is said that after a political rally of some sort, a man came up to De Gaulle and said:"Mort aux cons!". De Gaulle replied:"Vaste programme."

Some people are only interested in stories that purvey their preferred message and would rather spoil things for the rest of us who just like good stories, than allow the wrong idea to get out. It's been that way for milleniae.

P.S. please no spoilers for last weekend's episode, It's recorded but we haven't watched it yet.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    ...P.S. please no spoilers for last weekend's episode, It's recorded but we haven't watched it yet.
    You have some pretty big balls coming in here without seeing the last episode. We both know the chance of spoilers was non-zero. I took a social media hiatus yesterday just to dodge the GoT memes before viewing last night.

So far, the only common complaint seems to be that people who do not have high def are saying the episode was too dark. Reminds me of the time when I went with some friends to a drive-in to watch Platoon.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 04-30-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    You have some pretty big balls coming in here without seeing the last episode. We both know the chance of spoilers was non-zero. I took a social media hiatus yesterday just to dodge the GoT memes before viewing last night.

I don't do social media at all except for this forum.

And yeah, it's a lot to ask and/or try to avoid spoilers, even the article I linked to gave away some.

Still ... :-)

Also, a summary of the whole show:

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    So far, the only common complaint seems to be that people who do not have high def are saying the episode was too dark. Reminds me of the time when I went with some friends to a drive-in to watch Platoon.
    I would agree with that. I watched it when the sun was up and I couldn't see a lot. So glad I spent more on those blacker blacks

We are under construction and as a result lost our TV dish so it has been all streaming on slow rural internet for me. The night is dark and full of blurry pixels

SPOILERS!!!!!! I will try to keep it vague, but it's thin at best.

I was kinda of hoping for more to the end of the greatest threat to humanity . Not to take away how badass ------ is, but it just did not feel right that ------ was the one who ended it.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 04-30-2019 at 01:44 PM.

For those who have watched last week's episode, HBO has a "making of" for the Battle of Winterfell episode that I thought was pretty good. For those who have not, its one giant spoiler.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Well the show certainly surprised me with Ep 3, but not in a particularly good way.

SPOILERS BELOW:

So the very first scene of the very first episode of the very first season shows us the threat from the dead. IIRC the first book opens the same way. In every season we've heard from people like John and others of how the war against the dead makes the war for the iron throne look like child's play.
    Yet they finish it off with 1/2 of the final season left, and do so in a single episode.

We've been hearing all sorts of rumors of some complex tactics they would have to use to kill the NK. Bran would time travel/warg, John would become Azor Ahi by forging lightbringer (which would require him to sacrifice someone he loved), the children of the forest would be involved somehow thanks to all of those spiral symbols the NK leaves around. Yet he's killed by a single person with a single dagger in a fight which lasted 15 sec or less.

It's a letdown for me.

I wonder if the battle for the iron throne ends in a similar fashion.

In more nitpicky items:

I'm no military tactician by any means, but even I know you don't send your entire cavalry against the enemy who outnumbers them by several orders of magnitude, and without any kind of support. Of course they are all going to die, and we know from prior seasons that they will then be raised to join the army of the dead.

Who sends a lone Direwolf into battle with the cavalry? Can it even kill the dead? did they fashion it with dragonglass teeth?

Did Melissandra really do anything important? Lighting the cavalry's swords, looks good but totally useless. Lighting the trenches, slowed them down for a couple of minutes. Telling Arya she has more people to kill?

just my feelings

cc

User Tag List