Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Game of Thrones? THAR BE SPOILERS HERE

You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Supposedly there were 8 endings filmed to keep the characters from knowing which one was true.

I wonder if the alternative endings will be available any time soon. @NEPAKevin's mention got me thinking, because that would be a plausible one.
    I'm still convinced that they aired one of the alternates instead of the real one. That makes more sense than some of the stuff that happened.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Kit Harrington has checked himself into rehab. Can't imagine being the centerpiece of a cultural phenomenon is easy.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Kit Harrington has checked himself into rehab. Can't imagine being the centerpiece of a cultural phenomenon is easy.
    I find it odd that the person playing the stoic Jon Snow would have real life problems from facing up to a role he was playing in a fantasy show. Sad and disappointing.

(I know he's not the first nor the last but it makes me shake my head nonetheless...just like when actors, who play other people they are not, think they have the moral high ground to tell us how we should be living our lives. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Well, Season 8 caused me to check into the local crack house. Things made a lot more sense afterwards.

At least he's getting help early on. Many of these celebs wait until they hit rock bottom. I wish him the best.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

This popped up in my view list for some reason. Glad it did. This is a summation of an alternate 'fan fiction' ending beginning with Ep. 3. It doesn't cover all the characters in this abbreviated form, but this is definitely the type of ending that remains loyal to GRRM's bitter sweet, no one gets what they want style while fulfilling the prophetic clues. And besides, anyone with the name Doomcock deserves at least one listen. I've seen and read several of these fan endings and this one is my favorite thus far. Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I find it odd that the person playing the stoic Jon Snow would have real life problems from facing up to a role he was playing in a fantasy show. Sad and disappointing.

(I know he's not the first nor the last but it makes me shake my head nonetheless...just like when actors, who play other people they are not, think they have the moral high ground to tell us how we should be living our lives. )
    As best I understand it, the job of an actor is to continuously (during work) feel and express emotions that aren't their own, after all acting isn't about reasoning out a character's actions but embodying them. It probably creates quite a psychological weight and perhaps even makes it quite difficult to separate what is emotionally real from what is just acting. Success at a job where emotion is central to doing the job (and rewarded with money and publicity) is not an incentive for the use of reason in life outside of work.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List