Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Game of Thrones? THAR BE SPOILERS HERE

I’m thinking Arya had her glory with the Zombie king. The King Slayer turns Queen slayer is my bet.

The latest news from the north...

Quote Originally Posted by North Remembers Gazette

"... thus, with rising debts from the Great War, Winterfell Castle in shambles, armies exhausted and the Last War on the horizon, a new shop has been opened in the courtyard with indoor/outdoor seating and a ride-thru window -- Starkbucks."
    It was bound to happen sooner or later...
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

The dragon kills the iron island fleet, the Mountain shoots down the dragon, the Hound and Arya kill the Mountain, the King Slayer pushes Cersei out a tower window, John gets the throne then gives it so Sansa and Daenerys dies of jealousy, Arya dies of AIDs, everyone dies of irony.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    The dragon kills the iron island fleet, the Mountain shoots down the dragon, the Hound and Arya kill the Mountain, the King Slayer pushes Cersei out a tower window, John gets the throne then gives it so Sansa and Daenerys dies of jealousy, Arya dies of AIDs, everyone dies of irony.
    It's just stark raving mad enough to make perfect sense. I like it.

I like the bit of irony throne in.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Dany is getting ready to get her craycray on. Her battle staff meeting in Ep.4 showed her for the petulant woman/child she is.
    I think in the end the Eunuch shivs her to save Kings Landing.

I can't help but think many of the logical problems/issues during this season are caused by the need to get to Martin's ending while having many changes from the books that make the supposed book ending incompatible with the series. E.g: In the books, Euron has dragon-controlling horns that should make him the natural antagonist for Dany.

I actually was ok with the battle with the White Walkers. At this point, I assume everyone on the show has some sort of learning disability that makes decent tactical planning impossible. I am expecting the final eps to be a mix of fun and frustration like Sunday's ep.

As a reader of the books, I'm happy to get any kind of ending. God knows it's not happening with "War Against the Chtorr" by Gerrold, last book published in 1993! I doubt Martin will ever finsh "Song of Fire and Ice."
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I think, unless I'm forgetting something important, Daenerys should still have Daario Naharis and the Second Sons in reserve over in Mereen, Essos, or wherever the hell he/they remained -- supposedly loyal for life to The Dragon Queen, along with Yara to teleport.. er.. transport them... for arrival just in the nick of ex machina.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    If Jon would have given her some, all of that would never have happened.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List