Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NGD: Walther PPS

Any of you guys running the Talon Grips on the PPS? I was check out my buddy's Shield today and it has the rubber Talons on it. I am impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Any of you guys running the Talon Grips on the PPS? I was check out my buddy's Shield today and it has the rubber Talons on it. I am impressed.
    Been running them for about a year. Love them. In combination with the large backstrap, it makes the PPS into an awesome package.

Craig Douglas loved the way my PPS felt with that combo so much, that within hours he had ordered a set from Talon himself. And I know a number of guys have handled his at different courses and ended up feeling the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Not a special run. I mean Jody's is special because it was made when extra love but it's a "standard" thing now, the holster not extra love.
    So that's what that smell was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Been running them for about a year. Love them.
    This forum just cost me another $20 for Talon grips... thanks a lot.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What is involved in stalling the rear HD sight -- do you just push it on conventionally, or is there also a metal piece that wedges underneath? I have the PPS sights that the rear was too loose in the dovetail on my PPQ, to put on my PPS. I found a little piece of metal on the floor of my man cave yesterday, when down looking for a Glock part. Now I am wondering if it fell out when the PPQ rear sight came off.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

From what I remember they push in, but there's a zipper looking compression roll pin that fits underneath the sight and tightens everything up.
    The stock sights required the pin, I don't remember if the HD's did or not.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    From what I remember they push in, but there's a zipper looking compression roll pin that fits underneath the sight and tightens everything up.
    I am suspicious that may be the part I found on the floor, as the PPS HD rear sight was loose enough that it moved in the PPQ rear dovetail with light thumb pressure. Trijicon had failed to include the set screw, and my Glock rear sight ones didn't fit, so I decided to send it off to Dawson for sights. I will be pissed (at myself) if the PPS fixed sights would have worked, as I prefer HD sights.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    This forum just cost me another $20 for Talon grips... thanks a lot.
    Same here.

I ordered some Mep night sights, couple of mags, and the Talon grips. I'd like to change the 8 round mag I have to a 7 round. Where's a good place to get replacement baseplates?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I ordered some Mep night sights, couple of mags, and the Talon grips. I'd like to change the 8 round mag I have to a 7 round. Where's a good place to get replacement baseplates?
    I just grabbed a 6-round mag for mine from Midway. Was $42.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Check out CDNN Sports. I got a 6 round and 7 round for $36.99 each.

User Tag List