Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NGD: Walther PPS

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HRL View Post
    Tried one today... was surprised in a great way for a small pistol felt as easy to shoot and control as my G19. In fact, felt like easier to get a more controlled consistent grip. Didn't even mind the weird nubby sights too much. Shoots like a G19 but more concealable and comfortable...could be dangerous.

Oh yeah trigger matches my preference more and can block the striker as well!
    One of us, one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

This thread has me almost ready to order a JMC AIWB for my PPS and start carrying it again...
    Join FPC

Or a Keeper's Concealment Errand holster. I just got one and really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    This thread has me almost ready to order a JMC AIWB for my PPS and start carrying it again...

Vending Machine Operator
    I commmitted to the PPS hard. After a few (pretty decent) outings with my Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC, I also ordered a Galco Stinger belt holster and a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Now I've got IWB, belt, and (super bulky) pocket covered depending on the outfit.

I really, really like this gun, and I'm going to do what it takes to make it workable as a 24/7 carry.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I am hoping to shoot mine soon. Been doing a lot of dry firing with snap caps. I am starting to get used to the mag release and I kinda like it. Just wearing it around the house it conceals amazingly in a cheap IWB holster. Can't wait to get my DSG kydex for AIWB carry. What are you guys carrying your PPS in?

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    What are you guys carrying your PPS in?
    Dark Star Gear minimalist kydex AIWB for the range.
    Highnoon Holsters horsehide Hideaway (w/clip) AIWB for carry.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    Jody,
    Is that Dark Star holster a special run item or is it a regularly stocked one? It looks very similar to my FIST ultra thin kydex but much more durable.
    Thanks,
    Carl
    Nothing special about it, as far as I know DSG will hook you up with one.
    Yes... it's basically a very solid no frills low ride holster like the FIST.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Also a very minimalist kydex holster called the Taco from: http://redlineconcealmentholsters.com/
    "…most men and women will grow up to love their servitude and will never dream of revolution."

-- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

I have a similar kydex job from a local guy. It works for the PPS, but for anything larger it would be very uncomfortable. I am really sold on the tuck/wedge features on some AIWB holsters, specifically for me, JM Custom.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    Jody,
    Is that Dark Star holster a special run item or is it a regularly stocked one? It looks very similar to my FIST ultra thin kydex but much more durable.
    Thanks,
    Carl
    Not a special run. I mean Jody's is special because it was made when extra love but it's a "standard" thing now, the holster not extra love.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List