Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please educate me on match nomenclature.

I shoot IDPA and see a String as the shooting done for one start signal. There may be more than one String in a Stage. The Course of Fire is the description of what is to be done in the Stage. A number of Stages make up the Match.

It is very convenient to have enough range Bays to present one Stage in each and let the Match progress smoothly with less stopping, standing and waiting. That lets you organize the entered shooters into as many squads as you have Bays. It is possible to set up more than one Stage in a Bay and shoot them by one or another schedule.

Hereabouts the standard monthly club Match is six Stages, most of only one String. You could standardize on five for your range if that is how many bays you can set up, or you could double up in one Bay.

Hey Folks,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier - planning a commercial outdoor shooting range is a monumental task. Thanks to all for the replies and clarifying nomenclature. A special thanks to Watson for his explicitness. Again, much appreciated.

User Tag List