Thread: Surefire MR11 rail adapters for Beretta 92FS?

Site Supporter

Surefire MR11 rail adapters for Beretta 92FS?

I've been interested in mounting a light to my Beretta 92, but it has no rail mounting rail. Picking up a 92A1 would be ideal of course, but having 650 bucks + the costs of a light is a little different than having 85 bucks and a light...

Is there any upside/downside to something like a Surefire MR11 adapter? I don't plan on mounting a laser sight or anything, but I figure a light and a drilled fiber optic front from Wilson puts the gun about on the level I want. I'm not buying a new gun or anything, it's a gun I already have so "saving the extra cash for a 92A1" is gonna mean saving a lot of money...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Surefire MR11 rail adapters for Beretta 92FS?

I had a insight adapter for a while. It worked well but it was a semi permanent attachment and as such didn't allow me to use standard holsters. I then switched to the [URL]http://www.trgear.com/shop/ez-rail-beretta-9296-models[URL]TICK (now called EZ rail) and have been extremely happy ever since. It has held firm, I live the easy on and off design, I can swap it between guns, and the cost is pretty low. It may not be the strongest, but unless you plan on beating the hell out of your pistol and light - it will hold up. Only real problem I see with them is that they will not fit the newer slanted dust cover. I'm pretty sure you could add some material to it to make it work, but I haven't tried it yet.

I had one. It was very secure and stable, but I wouldn't consider it a "quick detach" mounting solution. It took some effort to mount it to the trigger guard and secure the mounting clip thingy. Once mounted, it definitely was rock solid and wasn't going anywhere. Don't think you are going to be able to find any holsters other than a Safariland for this setup though. Back when I had just one M9, my intent was to use the MR11 to mount a WML for home defense, and be able to take it off for when I shot matches with in. But it didn't really work like that. I switched to one of the polymer EZ rails, which was less secure but was definitely easy on/off.

Ultimately, I solved this buy just getting another M9A1.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I've been interested in mounting a light to my Beretta 92, but it has no rail mounting rail. Picking up a 92A1 would be ideal of course, but having 650 bucks + the costs of a light is a little different than having 85 bucks and a light...

Is there any upside/downside to something like a Surefire MR11 adapter? I don't plan on mounting a laser sight or anything, but I figure a light and a drilled fiber optic front from Wilson puts the gun about on the level I want. I'm not buying a new gun or anything, it's a gun I already have so "saving the extra cash for a 92A1" is gonna mean saving a lot of money...
    The trouble with this plan is holsters.Its hard enough to find a holster that will accomodate a FACTORY railed Beretta, to say nothing about an adapter'd 92FS.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The trouble with this plan is holsters.Its hard enough to find a holster that will accomodate a FACTORY railed Beretta, to say nothing about an adapter'd 92FS.
    True enough...Holster options would be slim pickens indeed. Concealing a Safariland is a no go for sure...the only solution I've seen for this is an Armordillo X-fer. I suppose a rail adapter would be a stopgap solution until the funds can roll in for a 92A1 and a JMC holster (I need to buy another gun...oh the horror!) The 92 compacts are just a devil to deal with. As far as low/no light options go, I have no rail, my sights aren't tritium, and there are no Crimson Trace grips available. I'm really surprised I haven't been killed on the streets yet...

Alternatively, I could just spend that money on good quality low light training, a good surefire G2, and not worry about it.

Or I could get that Costa thing...

True enough...Holster options would be slim pickens indeed. Concealing a Safariland is a no go for sure...the only solution I've seen for this is an Armordillo X-fer. I suppose a rail adapter would be a stopgap solution until the funds can roll in for a 92A1 and a JMC holster (I need to buy another gun...oh the horror!) The 92 compacts are just a devil to deal with. As far as low/no light options go, I have no rail, my sights aren't tritium, and there are no Crimson Trace grips available. I'm really surprised I haven't been killed on the streets yet...

Alternatively, I could just spend that money on good quality low light training, a good surefire G2, and not worry about it.

Just go full size 92F, sans holster. It worked for Sgt. Riggs.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Just go full size 92F, sans holster. It worked for Sgt. Riggs.
    Well I was considering investing in some A-shirts and quality tape that will come off my back quickly enough to center punch Austrian turrurists holding their P7 on me...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Seriously, pick up an EZ rail. $50 and it'll do the job. Leave the light attached to the rail and it is easy on and easy off. Allows you to carry the gun in a normal holster and then if need be attach the rail w/light quickly. Works with the compacts too.

I'm not a rail fan, and I've stayed away from the 92A1 because I don't care for the rail, but there is this funky thing from Recover Tactical if you're interested. http://www.recovertactical.com/shops...em-for-beretta

It doesn't help with the holster options, though. I'd keep your 92FS railless, and go with the Surefire handheld light idea and a good flashlight holster, which there are a lot of.

Is there any upside/downside to something like a Surefire MR11 adapter?
    The MR11 adapter I used was perfectly solid with an X300 on it. I modified a non-rail kydex holster to accommodate the rail w/o light and could have (didn't) had a kydex holster made for the light. No security level like a Safariland but it would have been fine for non-OC use if one were so inclined.

User Tag List