Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MDTS Training Experiences, Recommendations

MDTS Training Experiences, Recommendations

Has anyone here taken courses from MDTS (Modern Defensive Training Systems) with Chris Frye?

What course did you take and how would you rate his classes?

Any concerns with his techniques/tactics he teaches for concealed carry?

Thanks,
    Cody

P.S. I am shopping for tactical training in the Mid-Atlantic area, preferably Virginia/Maryland for small knife and concealed carry tactics. If you have any suggestions, please post them here or send me an PM.
    Thanks,
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    For what it's worth, Chris Fry is a personal friend of Craig Douglas (SouthNarc) and is characterized by Craig as a T-Rex.

Fry was the host of the first ECQC I attended, many years ago. Since then, I've also considered him a good friend.

The only instruction I've taken from Fry was at the first Mid Atlantic Tactical Conference a few years back. It was a carbine block. I felt that Chris was a good teacher: he would explain a technique, explain the "why" behind it, demonstrate, then drill. Neither his material nor his teaching style was fanciful: just solid execution of fundamentals.

Fry collaborates with many other trainers, so you'll be getting material that lines up with people like Craig, Cecil Burch, and others.

Again, I am friends with Chris, so take my opinion as you wish, but I recommend him as a trainer, not to mention an all-around great guy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

He is a solid instructor. I'd go to one of his classes myself, just from observing him at Paul-E and the Tactical Conference.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

How difficult is it to get a non-resident pistol license for NY in order to go there for training?
    Has anyone from Virginia or similar jurisdiction obtained one?
    Thanks,
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

It's almost impossible.

Here's a review I did after attending one of Chris' classes: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....gressive+force

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    It's almost impossible.
    Thanks,
    I guess I will have to wait for him to go to another jurisdiction, or find a way to host one down here in NoVa.
    Cody

Host him at Murphy's place in Culpeper. He'll come.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Here's a review I did after attending one of Chris' classes: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....gressive+force

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
    Wow, Thanks for the great review.
    How much of his class is hand to hand, and if so, does it matter what I might use, such as Krav, etc.?
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Wow, Thanks for the great review.
    How much of his class is hand to hand, and if so, does it matter what I might use, such as Krav, etc.?
    Cody
    It's been a little while but I'd say it was about 30% classroom and 70% hands on. Use what you brung

User Tag List