Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: C3 carry: An apology.

I know a funny C3 hunting story. Even though it is not about pistols in emergency use, it is a tangential anecdote.

One hunter had a Remington 30.06 semiautomatic rifle in C3 because vehicle.

Another hunter had a bolt action 7mm magnum with a trapdoor magazine, also C3 because vehicle.

There was a third hunter too.

First hunter knew better in general, but worked the bolt gently in this case because no want spook deer. First hunter's gun subsequently didn't fire because duh, your a idiot. But first hunter knew how to clear malfunctions on pistols and went right to work on the rifle. Tap-rack led to double feed, then lock-rip-work-reload commenced.

Second hunter accidentally released the trapdoor magazine, bombing the ground with 7mm mag cartridges. Second hunter retrieved a cartridge from the ground and stuck it in his gun, jamming it up pretty good, because he had managed to grab the single 30.06 cartridge dumped on the ground by the first hunter during lock-rip-work.

Third hunter missed his shot and deer ran off about the time the first hunter had his gun operational again.

There were many lulz.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I know a funny C3 hunting story. Even though it is not about pistols in emergency use, it is a tangential anecdote
    Safe to say the deer is now a C3 advocate.

Site Supporter
    A banker, a lawyer and a statistician went deer hunting. Deer appears. Banker fired, hit 3 feet to left of deer. Lawyer fired, and hit 3 feet to the right of the deer. The statistician exclaimed, "We got him!".

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    A banker, a lawyer and a statistician went deer hunting. Deer appears. Banker fired, hit 3 feet to left of deer. Lawyer fired, and hit 3 feet to the right of the deer. The statistician exclaimed, "We got him!".
    Slow clap
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

What a mean joke..

Apparently a bad statistician. A good statistician would say there were two far outliers that had no validity (Sorry, sometimes the statistician in me just has to rear its head).
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Curious.. do any Glock carriers throw in a heavier trigger for appendix carry? I've left mine stock. I'd imagine a longer rather than just heavier pull would be a bigger difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by GP47 View Post
    Curious.. do any Glock carriers throw in a heavier trigger for appendix carry? I've left mine stock. I'd imagine a longer rather than just heavier pull would be a bigger difference though.
    I run a NY1 return spring & a "minus" connector in my G19. When I bought it (my 1st Glock) that setup seemed to be fairly popular on here for AIWB. It's how I learned to shoot my Glock, so I don't really know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I know a funny C3 hunting story. Even though it is not about pistols in emergency use, it is a tangential anecdote.

One hunter had a Remington 30.06 semiautomatic rifle in C3 because vehicle.

Another hunter had a bolt action 7mm magnum with a trapdoor magazine, also C3 because vehicle.

There was a third hunter too.

First hunter knew better in general, but worked the bolt gently in this case because no want spook deer. First hunter's gun subsequently didn't fire because duh, your a idiot. But first hunter knew how to clear malfunctions on pistols and went right to work on the rifle. Tap-rack led to double feed, then lock-rip-work-reload commenced.

Second hunter accidentally released the trapdoor magazine, bombing the ground with 7mm mag cartridges. Second hunter retrieved a cartridge from the ground and stuck it in his gun, jamming it up pretty good, because he had managed to grab the single 30.06 cartridge dumped on the ground by the first hunter during lock-rip-work.

Third hunter missed his shot and deer ran off about the time the first hunter had his gun operational again.

There were many lulz.
    It was a heck of a lot funnier when you told me the story on the phone.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I carry C3 when I run or walk in NPE such as the public Greenway. I keep a G19 in my camelback...primarily for wild dogs. It's not ideal, but it's the best I've been able to come up with. A holstered gun will not fit in there.

User Tag List