Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Black Site" in Chicago

"Black Site" in Chicago

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...P=share_btn_fb

The facility, a nondescript warehouse on Chicago’s west side known as Homan Square, has long been the scene of secretive work by special police units. Interviews with local attorneys and one protester who spent the better part of a day shackled in Homan Square describe operations that deny access to basic constitutional rights.
    Is there a way to use quote bubbles on Tapatalk? Mmm.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 02-25-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: quoted info from article
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Don't worry. The majority of police interactions in this country go by without an issue so this can be swept away under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Don't worry. The majority of police interactions in this country go by without an issue so this can be swept away under the rug.
    Passive aggressive much AS?

No one on this site is going to think anything should be swept under the rug.

For your personal data bank I have both been involved in firing cops and putting cops in jail. Some of the firings were for things vastly less dramatic than anything the "cops are out of control" crowd thinks is common, think; stupid Facebook posts, shitty report writing, etc.

No one ever got to tarnish my badge and get away with it. Period.

If this story is factual then I hope everyone involved, and I mean from the Chief on down, goes to prison.

Pardon me if, in the intardnets world of "FEMA death camps" and "chem trails OMG!" I wait to see if unsubstantiated allegations are in fact substantiated.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...P=share_btn_fb

{The facility, a nondescript warehouse on Chicago’s west side known as Homan Square, has long been the scene of secretive work by special police units. Interviews with local attorneys and one protester who spent the better part of a day shackled in Homan Square describe operations that deny access to basic constitutional rights.}

Is there a way to use quote bubbles on Tapatalk? Mmm.
    Yup, thats exactly what the Chicago Machine councilpeople and officials want, a secret law enforcement agency which doesnt answer to the Constitution.

Ill believe it when Rahm Emmanuel and the City Council start dissapearing without a trace.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

No surprise here. There is a long history of corruption inside the Chicago PD.

I have a strong feeling of respect for police officers but that gets tarnished every time I have to deal with ones that are jerks with a badge. It would seem that guys like Chuck are few and far between. You obviously have to have some love for the job because of the pay and being unappreciated on a daily basis.

Last week I was rear ended. The State Trooper that did the investigation and report was a top notch guy. I wish all of them were that way because the Trooper I dealt with a few years ago was borderline incompetent.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Pardon me if, in the intardnets world of "FEMA death camps" and "chem trails OMG!" I wait to see if unsubstantiated allegations are in fact substantiated.
    Only Chuck Haggard could write this...NICE!
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Definitely too early for conclusions. Skepticism... it's what's for breakfast.
    http://chicago.suntimes.com/news-chi...ation-compound
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It would seem that guys like Chuck are few and far between.
    Well, Chuck is exceptional, but I think you have it the other way around. The bad cops are few and far between. See John Hearn's video posting on this matter: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....h+about+police
    Facts do tend to get in the way of popular belief.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    "Church was the only person who had been detained at the facility who agreed to talk with the Guardian."

Which, IMO, should trigger at least a little bit skepticism about the quality of the reporting that went into the article.

(ETA: Roy G beat me to it....)

I am in no way exceptional.

Ref cops, one example; One of the guys I fired happened because two brand new probationary rookies came to me with concerns about a 30+ year veteran on a call they had worked with him a few minutes before. Their concerns were valid, I sent dude home on suspension right then and there, and woke the Chief up out of bed.

That "blue line of silence" bullshit is pretty much bullshit IMHO. I think people take things that happen in a few places by a few bad actors and extrapolate. No one I know thinks their career and paycheck is worth covering for someone who is an asshole.

The biggest bitch I hear ref cops is rudeness. Yes, I take that seriously as well, but being a mouthy jerk hardly compares to taking bribes, executing bad guys for expediency, etc.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List