Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 10 mm Fed 180 gr TB JSP

Quote Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
    Has anyone tested the hornady custom factory 10mm loads of the 180gr xtp that goes about 1180fps and the 200gr xtp that goes about 1080fps? The testing i saw from informal youtube folks using denim and gel looks really good for both those loads.

http://rangehot.com/10mm-ballistic-g...-hornady-ammo/

Im trying to evaluate the effectiveness or perhaps usefulness of a 10mm like a g29 or a g20 as the 3rd gun on my California carry permit. It would be for hiking in wilderness areas. Would I be better off just carrying the 10mm doubletap .32" meplat WFNGC 200gr that goes around 1175fps from a g20. Or skipping 10mm completely and carrying a large .40 or .45?
    I go on trails here in SWF

We have
    Panthers
    Crocs
    Gator
    B Bear
    Sharks
    skunk apes

I carried a P229 40cal loaded with 180gr HST and a S&W M642 loaded with 148gr WC

Last year I switch back to a HK P30S V3 9mm and currently using rem bonded 124gr +P

I like low recoil for faster shooting . more bullets on target and with better accuracy .

What is a skunk ape?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You have sharks on your trails?

Quote Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
    If they run good and the doubletap 200gr wfngc do in my glock @ ~1200fps is an armed badguy or mountain lion going to be any less reliably stopped since these dont expand? Is it really just a waste of time vs say a 180gr ranger bonded that penetrates pretty deeply?

http://media.midwayusa.com/productim...923/923854.jpg
    Not Doc but I would say, yes, its just a waste. Aside from the other possible issues involved with carrying a G20, you will never be able to shoot it as fast, with the same accuracy, as a good duty .40 load. The .40 will kill all of the things that live in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    What is a skunk ape?
    Big foot, basically
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Run it through a Chronograph before you believe velocity claims.

You know what this forum is lacking?

a "What Gun for Bigfoot" thread.

We've beat the whole grizzly bear thing to death.

It would be of special interest to me. If you got to the bottom of my driveway, turn left and drive a mile you enter 1) A national forest and 2) a county where it is a misdemeanor to shoot bigfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Big foot, basically
    Jeez, go with the heavy cast boomers!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Swedish K Tommy Gun
    Swedish K = Significant coolness factor and very old guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Swedish K = Significant coolness factor and very old guard.
    If one carries a Swedish K, one simply must do it while wearing Randolph Aviators and Khaki Safari shirt, like any good Company man.

User Tag List