Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 – Who’s in line

I was very pleased with the felt recoil of the G43. After having shot my G42 (feels like a .22lr) I expected the G43 to be pretty harsh. I was wrong ... and happy about it. I have ran enough rounds through my G43 to feel it's reliable. I'm just waiting for a holster to arrive. Supposed to arrive today but that ain't happening at this time of evening. I guess USPS blew the logistics on this one.

My second order of TTI magazine extensions shipped today. The second order was on back order for approximately a month.

I had a very limited amount of time to confirm my new NS on my G43 today, in between strings of qualifications, in the pouring rain. Observations:

1. This is a VERY accurate little pistol. I was shooting a 3x5 at 15 yards to confirm zero, and went 18 for 18
    2. The grip is SO small that I'm going to have to either relegate this to "summer pocket" only, or really spend some time training with it - just feels weird in my hand
    3. I'm still running all OEM internals, and the trigger, while noticeably heavier than any other Glock I own, has smoothed out nicely in only 200 rounds or so (and probably five times that in dry fire)
    4. With the "extended" magazine, I get slide lock back after the first manually chambered round 100% of the time. Not sure if that's a bad mag, or something about the way my grip is with the "extension," but I'll be putting a call into Smyrna, I guess

I picked mine up yesterday. I had ordered and received Ameriglo CAP sights and a Talon grip in advance, so when I found a G43 I would be ready to go (A good set of sights is a must as the factory sights suck. Also, the G43 is a bit slick and slides around in the hand, the Talon grips work great!). I installed said items last evening and went to the range today. Fired 350 rounds of ammo (including Blazer Brass 124 FMJ, American Eagle 147 FMJ, Winchester NATO 124 FMJ, Federal 147 HST, Speer Gold Dot 124 +P, Winchester 124 +P T Series, and Winchester 147 T Series) with no issues.

To me, the recoil was similar to a Kahr CM9, more noticeable than the G42 but not bad at all. I prefer the Glock trigger to the Kahr trigger and am able to shoot the G43 faster and more accurately than the CM9. Although not uncontrollable, the +P rounds had more felt recoil and a more pronounced muzzle flip. I prefer the 124 +P Gold Dot in the G17 and G19, but will carry either the 147 T Series or HST in the G43. I will still carry my G19 Gen 4 but I really like the G43 and envision occasionally carrying in a pocket holster in cargo shorts this summer.

Site Supporter
    G43 with TTI +1 in a Keepers Errand next to a G17 chopped for G19 mag's in a Keeper.

Attachment 3455

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    G43 with TTI +1 in a Keepers Errand next to a G17 chopped for G19 mag's in a Keeper.

Can you get a full grip on the 43 with that extension or is your pinky hanging off?

will the proctor y sights fit on the g43?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Can you get a full grip on the 43 with that extension or is your pinky hanging off?
    Yes, but just barely.

Depends on the thickness of your finger. I wear a size 14 ring and I can not get a full grip on a G43 without the +2 extension from TTI.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    will the proctor y sights fit on the g43?
    dimensions ar quite different between 42/43 sights and "regular" Glock sights -- see here:

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...hdns.php?mid=8

Glock 42/43 front blade .215, rear blade .201

Glock 17 front blade .215, rear blade .231

Per the Trijicon data, you will need a significantly shorter rear sight with the 42/43.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List