Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 – Who’s in line

Glock 43 – Who’s in line

Lots of speculation and anticipation for the single stack 9x19.
    Today, I got solid blue label pricing and it looks like a go.
    Who else is going to try one out?

It will depend on the size of the pistol. My latest M&P Shield is one of the ones without the external safety. If Glock's model 43 does become a single stack 9mm, it would have to do something better than the Shield does.

I am a Glock fan. But I got tired of being strung along. Three M&P Shields later, I'm good.

I may be interested in one if it was roughly Kahr PM9 sized, and was more durable than the Kahr pistols I've seen. I also hope I can get a higher grip on it than the Kahr series.

I've heard it is a 6 shot magazine, which may put it roughly that size. (That was an un-verifiable photo of a blue label G43 box.) I'd give it at least a year before looking at buying one and would have to have a few range sessions with one before I made up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    It will depend on the size of the pistol. My latest M&P Shield is one of the ones without the external safety. If Glock's model 43 does become a single stack 9mm, it would have to do something better than the Shield does.

I am a Glock fan. But I got tired of being strung along. Three M&P Shields later, I'm good.
    Same here. I'm in depending on height. I'm wishing for a G19 sized single stack .950" wide!
    Not holding my breath though. I think I see a shield in my future.

ETA: if it's 6 shots I'm going for the shield.

It's not going to do anything better to an extent that's worth getting rid of my Shield for.

Pass.

The market share that Glock holds in my safe would imply that I am a Glock fanboy, but the G43 would have to be damn impressive for me to want to divest myself of my Shields. Base capacity of 6 rounds isn't off to a good start in that respect.

I'm a longstanding Glock-fan (since '89), but a 9mm single stack Glock pistol with a six-round magazine is really little more attractive to me than my flat-but-heavy HK P7M8s with eight-round magazines, or my flat-but-dinky Walther PPS, not to mention my flat Glock 36s which also have six and seven round magazines and are in my favored caliber of 45ACP.

I'd just stick with my accustomed G26 for EDC.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Vending Machine Operator
    Sticking with my PPS for now. Proven and I know I like it. But I'm definitely excited to try one.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    I'm hoping it's closer to being Shield/PPS sized than PM9/G42 sized.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I'm hoping it's closer to being Shield/PPS sized than PM9/G42 sized.
    Same here.

User Tag List