Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 – Who’s in line

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    I replaced the Trijicon HDs with a set of Heinie Ledges.

The front sight looks a lot thinner in the pics than it actually is.
    Were these Heinies specifically for a Glock 43 or a Glock 42 or the Glock 17/19/26 series?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Accuracy IN MY HAND was subpar compared to any other of my 9mm Glocks (and I have many, many 9mm Glocks). I attribute this to the gun twisting in my hand due to the slim grip. I literally had to re-adjust my grip after every 3rd or 4th round due to the grip movement under recoil. Also, recoil was noticibly more than my Gen4 G26 which was fired after my G43. Trigger squeeze was also a problem as the slim grip makes it very difficult for me to use anything distal to the DIP joint to work the trigger; I'm almost using the middle phalanx. While I kept 90% of the rounds in the center 0 box of the IDPA target at 10 yards, I can usually punch a 3" hole with a G19 or G26 and 100 rounds of decent FMJ at that range using 1 shot per 3 second pace (maybe with a called flier or two ).

I plan to put another 250 rounds of FMJ (likely 124 grain) and at least 50 rounds of my 147 HST carry ammo through it before making any final opinions. So far I give it a meh.
    This is exactly how I describe my experience also. I really like its size for carry and have been pocket carrying since getting it. I shoot the 42 like a dream compared to my 43. I may consider getting another 26 now, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Were these Heinies specifically for a Glock 43 or a Glock 42 or the Glock 17/19/26 series?
    The 42/43 specifically. Per Heinie, the sights they make for the 42 & 43 are the same.

The 42/43 specifically. Per Heinie, the sights they make for the 42 & 43 are the same.
    Thanks.

This is exactly how I describe my experience also. I really like its size for carry and have been pocket carrying since getting it. I shoot the 42 like a dream compared to my 43. I may consider getting another 26 now, not sure.
    I don't see myself owning a 380 so the G42 is really not an option for me. I already have an M&P Shield that is easier for me to shoot than the G43. However, I've generally moved away from the M&P platform due to multiple issues with various full size pistols (accuracy issues with M&P9, magazine issues with M&P45, and a M&P40 that suddenly won't drop free any mags after just 1000 rounds). Thus, I had high hopes for my G43 as I've largely moved back to Glock for my striker needs.

This brings me to the realization that expectations for the G43 might have been a bit too high. If one simply needs a reliable gun for up close a dirty work, then the G43 probably fits that bill. I say probably due to the FTF on the second box of ammo so the reliability jury is still out. I was hoping for a gun with similar recoil and accuracy as a G26. However, in a wold of compromise, the G43 is no exception...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

One LEO shot a 6 round sub 1.5" group at 10 yards and another LEO shot a 6 round sub 1" group at 7 yards with a G43 equipped with night sights this week. First rounds fired by each from a G43.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I'm sorry I could meet you out there! Been really busy at work the last few days. Your thoughts on handling compared to the G26?
    I will be at the EBRSO Range Monday morning 05/04/2015 with a G43 You and Steve are welcome to shoot it as long as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Installed the Ghost connector in my 43.

OEM connector gave me a pretty consistent 9lb pull from the center of the trigger, pulling straight back. This is using a Brownells "fish scale" gauge.

Ghost is consistently 6lbs in the same spot.

Weights can be awkward (to me) to measure on Glocks. Two people can get different numbers by technique, pull location and direction of pull, it seems.

All I can say is keeping the same technique for ME yielded a real 3 lb difference using the Ghost.

Still a bit of a wall. Not a rolling break like a Ghost and extra power trigger spring achieves in my full size Glocks, for sure. Definitely lighter and slightly smoother though.

For $22.49 shipped to my door it was worth it (to me).

Best
    Harold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I just tried to install my ghost connector in my G43. I have been unable to push or drive the larger pin from the frame. I am a certified Glock Armorer. Do I just need a bigger hammer, or am I missing something? I also looked for instructions on the Ghostinc.com website. I found no instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    I just tried to install my ghost connector in my G43. I have been unable to push or drive the larger pin from the frame. I am a certified Glock Armorer. Do I just need a bigger hammer, or am I missing something? I also looked for instructions on the Ghostinc.com website. I found no instructions.
    It will come out very easy once you press down on the slide stop near the locking block.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I will be at the EBRSO Range Monday morning 05/04/2015 with a G43 You and Steve are welcome to shoot it as long as you like.
    Thanks Sir, I really appreciate the offer! Unfortunately, I will be in Lake Charles Monday. I just need to call Don and get on the list. Thanks again!

Ken

User Tag List