Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 – Who’s in line

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I want to try out a 43 but they still haven't been added to the MD state handgun roster. It was supposed to happen recently, but was somehow "overlooked." With the way things work here, it will probably be another two months before they show up on retail shelves.

That said I recently ran a box through a G42 and really loved the little thing.

For those who have shot both, how much more noticeable is the recoil in the G43? I really enjoyed shooting the G42 and my wife preferred it to my G19 (partly because of its thinner grip and lighter weight). As much as I'm tempted to wait for 9mm over .380, I'm concerned the extra recoil might push the envelope past her point of comfort.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I want to try out a 43 but they still haven't been added to the MD state handgun roster. It was supposed to happen recently, but was somehow "overlooked." With the way things work here, it will probably be another two months before they show up on retail shelves.

That said I recently ran a box through a G42 and really loved the little thing.

For those who have shot both, how much more noticeable is the recoil in the G43? I really enjoyed shooting the G42 and my wife preferred it to my G19 (partly because of its thinner grip and lighter weight). As much as I'm tempted to wait for 9mm over .380, I'm concerned the extra recoil might push the envelope past her point of comfort.
    Byron, pretty darn close, although the 42 is probably softer. Of course, depends on what ammo in the 43, +P being significantly snappier than standard pressure.

I find the 43 just enough bigger, I can get my hands more fully on it, so it is easier for me to shoot than the 42. The 42 will conceal better in a pocket (me) or very thin holster in girlie clothes (per my wife).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

PensFan
    Having shot both extensively the G43 has a better trigger but more recoil. Especially when running +P and +P+ ammo. The G42 suits my needs as a BUG better than the G43, though I have both. The G43 is just enough bigger and heavier that I prefer the G42 as a pocket gun.

Site Supporter
    Just got the invoice for an Errand from Keepers Concealment, still no TT baseplates though.

I have shot both G42 and G43. The G42 with ball and JHP. The G43 with 115gr ball and 147gr JHP. The G43 has a little more recoil. For my CCW needs the G43 is hands down my go to gun for the forseeable future. That is when my I wear an untucked shirt vs. a jacket or vest (then I wear a G19). Great comparison in the Guns and Ammo magazine I received via mail yesterday.

Site Supporter
    Received my TTI baseplates, Ameriglo TCAP's and Keepers Errand. I'm having the same issue with my 43 that I had with my Shield. Shooting low. As in 5-6" low at 7 yards. For reference, I put 10 rounds in the black of a B8 at 25 yards today, switched to the 43 at 7 yards and the group was at 7 o'clock well low. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Received my TTI baseplates, Ameriglo TCAP's and Keepers Errand. I'm having the same issue with my 43 that I had with my Shield. Shooting low. As in 5-6" low at 7 yards. For reference, I put 10 rounds in the black of a B8 at 25 yards today, switched to the 43 at 7 yards and the group was at 7 o'clock well low. Any ideas?
    My 42/43 HD sights are maybe one inch or two below tip of the front sight at 25. I would go on the Trijicon website, where they list actual dimensions, and compare their sights to yours and see if that sorts out the problem.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Any advance notice on the TTI's or did they just show up? I'm close to a month wait now.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Any advance notice on the TTI's or did they just show up? I'm close to a month wait now.
    Received a shipping confirmation with tracking number.

Same here ordered my TTI extensions May 10th no word yet

User Tag List