Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 – Who’s in line

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The same day I ordered the Ghost connector, I also ordered a Taran plus one base pad. Depending upon how that goes, I may try their plus two.
    I ordered the +2 first and may try the +1 later.

Look forward to your reports

You won't regret the ghost. That made all the difference in my 42. I'm surprised that Gaston and crew didn't learn their lesson with the G42 trigger, and spec the 43 to fall more in line with the chunkier 9s.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I will have a G43 with me at the EBRSO range Friday 05/01/2015. If you and Steve can come by mid morning both of you are welcome to shoot it all you want.
    Frank W. will know which range we are on.
    Thanks! I will give Steve, hope I can make it out there.

Ken

I took a pair of G43 pistols out yesterday. One had Glock night sights and the other had the Ameriglo night sights with the big yellow dot FS. I shot both the standard magazine and the magazine with the pinky rest. Also a friend shot both. My friend had no experience with Glocks. We shot several timed 7 shot strings at 7 yards on a 12" static steel plate from low ready (I don' have a holster, but have one on order). My first run was dead slow at 3.54 with all hits. My second run was 2.94 with all hits. I kept getting a little faster and finished with a run of 2.40 with all hits. My friend was under 3.0 seconds but he often had only 2 or 3 hits. I could not tell a difference between the sights or between the magazines as far as my performance. If I was going to change anything about these pistols, I would like a lighter trigger. Although the factory specs 5.5, mine feels more like 7 or so.

I tried one at my local indoor range. First of all I am not a Glock shooter so take my opinion for what it is worth. The 43 does not appeal to me so I won't be taking one from someone who actually wants one. The recoil was sharp and snappy with the 115 range ammo used. It also shot high and left for me. I will not be in line.

But I can see the appeal to others who like and shoot Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Thanks for the input. Surprisingly, I shoot the little 42 pretty well but haven't taken it past 50 yards. I see the 43 as an special dress/environment tool, not a replacement for its bigger brothers.
    I looked at one yesterday with a set of AmeriGlo sights, similar to the ones pictured in post #399. The front hi-viz insert was square, and the rear hi-viz element was a post (the armorer-type dude who had it was a Glock employee, from Smyrna), but the result was something our tired old eyes can see well enough to use properly.

Reader's Digest version, this one has my attention. A bit too big for pocket carry IMO, but it should carry beautifully in a proper IWB holster. I'm planning on meeting James out at the EBR/BRPD complex this Friday morning; if you can get away, it should be interesting...

I just ordered a ghost connector. I am anxious to see how much difference it makes on the pull.

Those of you with Glock contacts, I'd like to request a 43 width slide on a 26 frame with a ~4 inch barrel. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

"Gustatus similis pullus"

Quote Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
    Those of you with Glock contacts, I'd like to request a 43 width slide on a 26 frame with a ~4 inch barrel. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

"Gustatus similis pullus"
    Ahhh, sweet candy there. Like the 30S treatment.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List