Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 – Who’s in line

I picked up a G43 on Friday as I had the opportunity to get one at a discounted price and Mrs. SC could use it in her classes.

I don't know if it is the size or what but the trigger is awful. I am not a trigger snob but it feels like something out of a modern Daisy BB gun.

The gun was fired with 50 rounds of my reloads using 124 Precision Delta bullets. Four different people shot the gun and there were no malfunctions. Most of them commented on how the recoil was not bad and I would have to agree with them.

Overall it is a nice little pistol that will be giving the Shield a run for its money but I am not ready to retire the Kahr K9 just yet.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

After installing the Ghost connector to one of my G43s, I took both to the range for a trigger comparison. Previously both felt about the same. The one with the Ghost connector was so much easier to shoot well, I immediately went home, installed the other Ghost connector and want back to the range to test fire it. Same thing, still no malfunctions with either pistol. I am anxiously awaiting my AIWB holster from Detroit Concealment. After seeing the above photo of a Taran +1 baseplate in the pistol, I will probably get at least one +1 and one +2 just to try.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Nothing on a Glock requires more than palm pressure on the factory disassembly tool to take apart.
    If you're using a hammer, you're doing it wrong.
    Just FYI.
    I was kidding about getting a bigger hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Shop called with our second 43. Also received the Taran +1 base plates. Really like the Taran +1 -- besides offering an additional round, it seems more compact than the factory magazine with the finger extension.

I can see running the Taran as my primary magazine, and am interested in what the +2 is like. BTW, the OEM base plates are easier to get off than on 17/19 magazines, and wonder if Glock did this intentionally, given the reputation for difficulty with the legacy magazines.

I installed the Ghost connector in the first 43, with difficulty removing the pin. However, it came out. For the life of me, I couldn't get the pin out of number two 43, despite cussing, a cut finger, multiple increasingly bigger hammers and stronger punches. Will try shooting it some to see if that loosens it. Fortunately number two has a better trigger than number one, making the Ghost connector less a priority.

Number two also has an issue inserting one magazine. I think there is an edge on the front of the mag lip base, and with some rounding it seems better.
    How does the Taran +1 feel in the hand? Does your pinky go under it or in front of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    How does the Taran +1 feel in the hand? Does your pinky go under it or in front of it?
    Depends on the size of your hand but most will go under the bottom.

Had a mini 43 session today, primarily for my wife to shoot her new 43 and tweak the HD sights. I also shot 100 rounds through my 43.

Here is how it shot at 25 yards (147 AE):

I shot a few groups at 40 yards, but the wind was moving me around too much, and I had 8-10 inch groups. The HD sights from the 43, are more drive the dot on both our 43's.

I finished up with some comparison shooting between the 43 and my Bowen tuned 340 J frame. There was no comparison, the 43 shot circles around the J frame, shot for shot, leaving out the capacity and reloading advantage of the 43.

PS: we both ran the Taran plus 1 as primary mags today, and no problems noted.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    LL, if you get down to Baton Rouge, I'm sure we can arrange a trip out to our old range. I do miss having the keys...

http://www.jestc.org/firearms.html

Ken
    Thank you, sir!
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Thank you, sir!
    I'll echo the invite... we know JUST how to treat old former jarheads...

Site Supporter
    Just got a phone call from my LGS... They've got one in stock for me. I was tenth or eleventh on their waiting list, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    The PHLster Skeleton makes it disappear AIWB....Their gear is worth a look IMO.

Attachment 3322
    Is that specifically for the G43? I only see one listed for the G42 on their site.

User Tag List