Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 40s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I wouldnt buy the NCSHP .357 Sig, new or used. Too many unresolved issues there. However, NC Probation/Parole just got new M&P 40's, replacing the 5 year old ones that nothing was wrong with. If I was gonna buy a M&P 40 thats the one I'd buy.
    This particular batch came from a sheriffs office and are marked as such. I think they have about 100 guns and are selling for about $300.

Do you know which distributor got the probation and parole guns? Also, speaking of South East law-enforcement trade-ins, any reason to avoid The Atlanta PD M&P trade-ins?

I was thinking about picking one up for my stepson's 21st birthday.

Put me down as another vote for the P229. One of the first pistols designed specifically for the .40/.357 SIG and still one of the best platforms for launching them.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This particular batch came from a sheriffs office and are marked as such. I think they have about 100 guns and are selling for about $300.

Do you know which distributor got the probation and parole guns? Also, speaking of South East law-enforcement trade-ins, any reason to avoid The Atlanta PD M&P trade-ins?

I was thinking about picking one up for my stepson's 21st birthday.
    The Sheriffs Office ones I saw there last week were from Wilson County. They reported they were having the same issues as SHP. Dont know if thats necessarily true...worked just fine for the OIS they had there about 1.5 years ago. The Sheriff there is on his second term. When he came in he got rid of the Glocks and went M&P because "SHP"........... He also fired about 1/4 of the staff/sworn LE his first day in office.

I think the Probation/Parole pistols went Lawmens as well. I will ask around. Seriously, if'n you find one there is absoultely nothing wrong with them. Dont know where Atlanta PD went with their trades but Id venture a guess they either went straight to Glock or Eds Public Safety. Eds is a great place to deal with.

The Sheriffs Office ones I saw there last week were from Wilson County. They reported they were having the same issues as SHP. Dont know if thats necessarily true...worked just fine for the OIS they had there about 1.5 years ago.
    What kind of issues were they having?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I have shot a gen 3 Glock 37 with a BarSto conversion barrel fitted that allowed .40 to be fired through the gun. It ran rather well.
    Thanks, didn't see one on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    What kind of issues were they having?
    Some type of extraction issues. S&W tried to fix it but failed...so they (SHP) went back to Sig's, this time in P226 instead of 229. Guess what...some of the new Sigs have had some extractors break in the first few rounds. I verified that info a few weeks ago. We've mentioned here how some people procure their weapons, the ole "XYZ agency has it so it must be good" mantra. That would apply in this case.

Maybe this thread will answer the question. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....highway+patrol

Some type of extraction issues. S&W tried to fix it but failed...so they (SHP) went back to Sig's, this time in P226 instead of 229. Guess what...some of the new Sigs have had some extractors break in the first few rounds. I verified that info a few weeks ago. We've mentioned here how some people procure their weapons, the ole "XYZ agency has it so it must be good" mantra. That would apply in this case.

Maybe this thread will answer the question. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....highway+patrol
    Thanks. In that thread, you linked another one which had even more info: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ng-the-M-amp-P

Interesting reads; I'd forgotten about the threads.

Site Supporter
    The Sheriffs Office ones I saw there last week were from Wilson County. They reported they were having the same issues as SHP. Dont know if thats necessarily true...worked just fine for the OIS they had there about 1.5 years ago. The Sheriff there is on his second term. When he came in he got rid of the Glocks and went M&P because "SHP"........... He also fired about 1/4 of the staff/sworn LE his first day in office.

I think the Probation/Parole pistols went Lawmens as well. I will ask around. Seriously, if'n you find one there is absoultely nothing wrong with them. Dont know where Atlanta PD went with their trades but Id venture a guess they either went straight to Glock or Eds Public Safety. Eds is a great place to deal with.
    Thanks. I was aware of at least some of the issues with the SHP guns. And I'm sure there's a reason they discontinued the 357 sig M&P. I'm not sure who Atlanta actually traded their guns to but both buds and GT distributors have them.

There is both good and bad in the system of elected Sheriff's. Not sure what the deal is Wilson County NC, but our new sheriff here in Bexar county Texas is doing some much-needed house cleaning. The prior sheriff here was a straight up crook and a drunk. Our new sheriff is a retired Air Force Gen. and she has made great improvements in the professionalism and efficiency of the sheriffs department. Plus she brought back cowboy hats as a uniform option for the deputies because/Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks. I was aware of at least some of the issues with the SHP guns. And I'm sure there's a reason they discontinued the 357 sig M&P. I'm not sure who Atlanta actually traded their guns to but both buds and GT distributors have them.

There is both good and bad in the system of elected Sheriff's. Not sure what the deal is Wilson County NC, but our new sheriff here in Bexar county Texas is doing some much-needed house cleaning. The prior sheriff here was a straight up crook and a drunk. Our new sheriff is a retired Air Force Gen. and she has made great improvements in the professionalism and efficiency of the sheriffs department. Plus she brought back cowboy hats as a uniform option for the deputies because/Texas!
    Just called Lawmens - Raleigh. They say they have the P/P guns.

On the Sheriff issue...I knew the Wilson Co Sheriff when he was a Deputy. Worked along side of him when I was at Wilson PD. I, as many other LEO's from that county, never saw him doing what he has done while in office. A lot of the guys I know there do not support him or his politics...yet he got re-elected by a good margin, beating out Joey Gardner, a retired guy from NC DMV license and theft (NC DMV's LE wing). If anyone had a chance to beat him it was Joey. Politically, the current Sheriff is strong.

Sorry for the drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Thanks, didn't see one on the website.
    It's not, a friend had to ask them to build it, apparently wasn't a big issue for them to do.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List