Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 40s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    That would work; even better would be a .40 barrel in a .45 GAP gun...
    Would the barrel fit the slide?

It would have to be made to match the slide...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

FWIW the last couple of books I have read, both of the authors prefered a Glock 35 for carry. One was Tom Givens and the other Chris Sajnog.

My favorite .40 is my 5 inch STI because with a simple finish reamer it can become a 10mm.

My 2nd favorite is my M&P , 5inch slide from a pro model on a thumb safety lower from a 4.25 inch M&P. This with the new forward flat trigger from Apex is as close to a plastic hi-cap 1911 as I have found.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Glock 20, .40 conversion barrel.

It's a pretty good combo actually, and obviously the gun is overbuilt for the round.
    Those are sooooooo huge.

I'm thinking about using the GJM approach and buy a few of each to see which takes.

That said, my M&P is stupid accurate. So....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    And it is not only the problems. I had a bunch of people shoot a Gen 4 G-22 and an M&P 40 in succession. Five rounds from one, five rounds from the other, and then back again. Everyone I tried this with agreed that the felt recoil from the M&P was less than the felt recoil from the Glock, and some thought it was significantly less.

I think Glock makes terrific 9mm guns, but for the 40 I believe that the M&P (and the 229 for a metal, DA/SA gun) has a real edge.
    P229R VS M&P 40 10rd groups at 25y

I would love to see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Would the barrel fit the slide?
    I have shot a gen 3 Glock 37 with a BarSto conversion barrel fitted that allowed .40 to be fired through the gun. It ran rather well.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    I have a pile, as in over 20, 10mms. Mostly 1911s, but a few G20s in there also. I don't really dig the G20 due to size and ammo sensitivity compare with the 1911.

I just put my grubby hands on a M&P 357Sig, with a 40 bbl....and a 9mm bbl. Should be interesting.
    Bill,

So you're already have an MP? The 357 SIG M & P is out of production but if you're looking for one lawman supply in North Carolina has a bunch of trade ins. I know you're primarily looking for a 40 but, to steal a phrase from the tactical hobo, 357 SIG is a guilty pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bill,

So you're already have an MP? The 357 SIG M & P is out of production but if you're looking for one lawman supply in North Carolina has a bunch of trade ins. I know you're primarily looking for a 40 but, to steal a phrase from the tactical hobo, 357 SIG is a guilty pleasure.
    I wouldnt buy the NCSHP .357 Sig, new or used. Too many unresolved issues there. However, NC Probation/Parole just got new M&P 40's, replacing the 5 year old ones that nothing was wrong with. If I was gonna buy a M&P 40 thats the one I'd buy.

Site Supporter
    My favorite .40 was the HK USP that I sold several years ago. I regret selling that gun, and it was accurate, reliable, and the DA/SA trigger smoothed out nicely for an HK.

If I were in the market for a .40, I would look at the P30 or P30L.

User Tag List