Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
Don't remember reading news flashes about the rash of student ND's, but that is all irrelevant, don't you see. Trying to use logic when dealing with these types of debates often results in a severe headache.

It's happened at my job within the last year or two. A CCW holder had a negligent discharge into his car in the university parking lot. Luckily no one was hit. He had a permit that allowed carry on campus, so he wasn't charged. I couldn't find the news story, but found this one while looking for it:

http://fox13now.com/2014/09/11/elem-...s-self-in-leg/

"TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — A teacher at Westbrook Elementary is in good condition after she accidentally shot herself in the leg at school Thursday morning.

Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley said the teacher’s gun accidentally discharged in a faculty restroom around 8:45 a.m., before school was in session.

He said no students or other employees were in the area.

Horsley said the teacher is a concealed weapons permit holder and she was not legally obligated to notify the school district of that fact."

You can imagine how such incidents make non-gun friendly, liability conscious administrators feel. Careless people make life difficult for the rest of us. There has not been a policy reversal at my employer following the campus ND...yet.

As much as I believe that guns are great deterrent for active shooters, I don't want careless morons finger-banging their heaters around my kids either.