Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Received a spam private message

Received a spam private message

I received a private message from username "Andrew" containing a message about making money from my computer. I don't know "Andrew" and am not interested in such messages.

I also received one a day or two ago from someone else, and hit the "report" button to alert staff.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Same here, from Andrew

"How to earn a lot of money just sitting in front of your computer? I want to tell you an wonderful story about possibilities of the Internet. Dont lose your unique chance. Get to know more on the http://topmoney.net.tf"
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I got it as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    When this sort of thing happens don't reply to the message or forward it to your favorite Staff member. Instead, please do as GJM did and use the "Report Post" button in the bottom left hand corner of the message (it's a triangle with an exclamation point in it). This way the entire staff is notified and the situation can get remedied as soon as possible.

The Report Post button looks like this:
    Attachment 3130
    Duly noted. That's hard to see on a phone. :-)
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I keep getting a notice saying IE has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors.

I have no idea if thats related in any way to whats been happening here with the login attempts or spams.

It could be my nearly antique computer, but with the other stuff going on, thought I'd mention it. I dont get the notices anywhere else that I know of.

Site Supporter
    Can you post a screen capture of what it think is wrong with the SSL cert?

I just tried IE 11 and it seems to work fine.

I'm just getting a tone and a small banner above most of the screen with the notice. It says click here for options, then a small drop down gives options of Display blocked content, Whats the risk? and Information bar help.

I dont know what version of IE this is, the computer is about 5 or 6 years old I think. It may just be my old computer acting wierd. I do get it on every pqage I open here though. I think it started in the last day or two.

Just found it, I have IE 8

Site Supporter
    Is the time and date on your computer correct?

Yes.

Been trying to figure out how to screen save, but its not happening yet.

In my mail, I get small windows of warnings for blocked content related to certificate errors, asking if I want to show blocked content. I got one looking at Bill Riehls BHP thread. That seems to happen when I have much content beyond text. Doesnt happen in most places though.

This may just be this old computer. With the intrusion attempts here, and only getting the banner warnings here I thought it may be worth mentioning.

I dont get the warnings at most places I go. I looked around this morning after getting them here, they dont show anywhere else I tried.

BTW, I'm also running XP. (free computer, my decent one died)

User Tag List