Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pharmacist shoots and kills robber

Quote Originally Posted by KVDT View Post
    I found out a little more info this morning. The pharmacist used a 3" Kimber 1911. He usually carries a Shield in .40 but one of the pharm techs wanted to see his Kimber so he brought it in that day. The first round was a complete pass thru and went out the window. The hollow point bullet was recovered and did not open. I have not found out which bullet he was using but he and the pharmacy owner both switched to Hornady CD (don't know if it's duty or defense).

His second round hit the perps gun, a Sig P226, (see page 3 of this thread for photo) and bullet fragments were found in the barrel. The gun was knocked out of battery and the loaded round ended up in a downward stovepipe position.

The owner of the pharmacy (not the one who shot the perp) is a local FFL. They supposedly keep several firearms at the ready including other pistols and a shotgun.

My office is a private firm a couple of miles from the pharmacy. We have strange strung out looking white folk that think they can walk in and use our bathroom from time to time. I am the only one who carries in the office. It is just the owner, me and the 72 year old secretary. When I leave I tell her to lock the door and not let anyone but UPS or USPS in.
    I'm willing to wager he's thanking himself for not thinking "I'll leave my gun at home today".

Site Supporter
    Chuck,

I am taking this line. I will give you due attribution.

"I often tell people that luck is a fickle bitch, and the fortuitous outcomes reinforce bad tactics"

User Tag List