Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pharmacist shoots and kills robber

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    "Hell, I grew up around guns!"

The battle cry of the untrained....
    Ain't it the sad truth??
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Now let's look at this from a tactical marksmanship angle:

The pharmacist makes his decision to engage and that's been discussed as to whether it was right, good, moral, etc. Not going to address that.

But...., we have some good luck here for our hero, because his shooting was not very good! Note a very poor thumbs over grip on the pistol. Note that he stomps on the trigger when he's shooting. That could produce huge misses, even at close range, that would endanger others in the location. Next, note that he doesn't follow through from shot to shot, but drops the gun and then comes up for re-engagement shots each time. Glad he won, just like I'm glad lots of other good guys win fights, but this shows several ways of how not to do the job.
    Think you could make it here to WV by tomorrow morning to speak to the senate? They're voting tomorrow on Constitutional carry and the people against it are using this video as evidence that a concealed carry class makes you ready to join DEVGRU. Multiple sheriffs and NRA instructors(with a lot of overlap there) have said that it's obvious that the pharmacist was highly trained, and if he wasn't he likely would have killed everyone in the building.

Instead of conjecture why don't they go ask the pharmacist what training he had?

Retardery, it abounds.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    These aren't your normal anti-gun retards, as their resistance is entirely about money. They know damn good and well he's not highly skilled, but they're lying through their teeth about that and everything else because their afraid they're going to lose out on class and permit fee money. But whatever happens tomorrow at least we know who to vote out come election day.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Retardery, it abounds.
    This one can see.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

If he was a LEO they would have given him a medal and this would justify how awesome qualifying once a year is as being all you need.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    If he was a LEO they would have given him a medal and this would justify how awesome qualifying once a year is as being all you need.
    Good luck can reenforce bad tactics and decisions.
    A friend working unarmed security took a bad guy down and took his gun away from him. Boss said "see you don't need to be armed." Friend said " I was lucky. I don't know how to train for more luck."
    If through luck or skill you manage to survive the bosses stupid decisions and ROE, you are used to justify stupidity.

I often tell people that luck is a fickle bitch, and the fortuitous outcomes reinforce bad tactics.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Good luck can reenforce bad tactics and decisions.
    A friend working unarmed security took a bad guy down and took his gun away from him. Boss said "see you don't need to be armed." Friend said " I was lucky. I don't know how to train for more luck."
    If through luck or skill you manage to survive the bosses stupid decisions and ROE, you are used to justify stupidity.
    My tired mode spelling is lacking.

I found out a little more info this morning. The pharmacist used a 3" Kimber 1911. He usually carries a Shield in .40 but one of the pharm techs wanted to see his Kimber so he brought it in that day. The first round was a complete pass thru and went out the window. The hollow point bullet was recovered and did not open. I have not found out which bullet he was using but he and the pharmacy owner both switched to Hornady CD (don't know if it's duty or defense).

His second round hit the perps gun, a Sig P226, (see page 3 of this thread for photo) and bullet fragments were found in the barrel. The gun was knocked out of battery and the loaded round ended up in a downward stovepipe position.

The owner of the pharmacy (not the one who shot the perp) is a local FFL. They supposedly keep several firearms at the ready including other pistols and a shotgun.

My office is a private firm a couple of miles from the pharmacy. We have strange strung out looking white folk that think they can walk in and use our bathroom from time to time. I am the only one who carries in the office. It is just the owner, me and the 72 year old secretary. When I leave I tell her to lock the door and not let anyone but UPS or USPS in.

User Tag List