Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pharmacist shoots and kills robber

Pharmacist shoots and kills robber

This attempted robbery didn't turn out the way the robber intended. This was just 2 days ago at a local pharmacy about 5 miles from my office. That little area of town has become a den for heroin and pill addicts unfortunately. The perp took two bullets and eventually died of his wounds.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. The video is at this link

http://www.wchstv.com/news/features/...l#.VOcwfDV0zcs

Site Supporter
    Good work by the pharmacist. The robber initially has his weapon pointed out the employees at eye level and then seems to drop it to chest level, keeping it pointed at them. It appears the two other employees near the register blocked the robbers a view of the pharmacist drawing his weapon so he was able to draw and have his gun in hand and then pretty much rollout around the two employees to engage the robber. The pharmacist punches out to eye level with a two handed a grip and it appears he hit with both rounds fired.

Videos like this capture the undeniable and prevailing reality that resistance doesn’t have to perfect to be effective, it just has to be better than your opponents.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Would've been a good situation for a Bill drill with a proper grip. Notice the pharmacist's grip is broken after the first shot and his hands are all messed up. After he regains his grip he's able to fire another shot. By that time the robber has already fired back. The pharmacist is one lucky dude.

God Bless,
    David

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David B. View Post
    Would've been a good situation for a Bill drill with a proper grip. Notice the pharmacist's grip is broken after the first shot and his hands are all messed up. After he regains his grip he's able to fire another shot. By that time the robber has already fired back. The pharmacist is one lucky dude.

God Bless,
    David
    Good observation. It looks like he is using some type of compact 1911.

His second shot actually hit the perps gun which was loaded with one in the chamber.

That's a graphic video? Come on WCHS news, we didn't even get to see him hit the ground

Agreed that it was a perfect Bill drill situation if the grip was solid, but nothing ever works out perfectly.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Decedent's pistol:

Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I'd say "holy shit!" but honestly it's the usual piece of garbage I'd naturally assume
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I'll say it, I think the pharmacist should have played it cooler while there were two people in the line of fire.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List