Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    I want to try an expert score with a pair of single actions this year.
    I hope you'd be comfortable being my hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like the Gen 4 texture so much (good against skin but also in wet/cold) I personally wouldn't do anything that removed it. I have the Speedway mod on one 17, and it never grew on me like I thought it would. Reloading to a Glockmeister grip plug seems nearly as fast, without the fuss of sending it off. Of course I am a sucker for custom anything, so be sure to post pictures if you do it.
    I recently had my G17 chopped. Thought I would need a speedway mod, turns out I do not. Grip plug, or even a magwell bevel doesn't seem to be needed. My guess is due to the shape of the magazine, the mag acts as it's own magwell.

You will primarily see me shooting a Gen4 G17 in most of my training, however anything concealed is generally a Gen4 G19. When I travel or everyday out and about, Gen4 G19.

My preferences and all my Glocks pretty much get this treatment, unless if it is a work related weapon.

Modified Frame
    - Remove finger grooves
    - Undercut trigger guard, slight cut on G19
    - Radius (dehorn) trigger guard
    - Round off trigger guard
    - Heat grip reduction on backstrap (slight) on Gen4, more so on Gen3
    - Texture grip, only the front strap on Gen4's, entire grip on Gen3's or earlier
    - Texture forward frame side panels
    - Undercut trigger guard for support finger and texture
    - Clearance / Malfunction cutout on bottom of frontstrap of magwell, shape and blend
    - Heat rolled magwell
    - Bevel rear interior of magwell
    - Heat roll and texture Gen 4 magazine release button

External
    - Prefer serrated all black rear, Battle Hook is my choice. I do a lot of one handed manipulations and there is not a better sight for this. Plus it has a good target sight sized profile.
    - Red overmolded fibers. Currently using HiViz. Yes even on defensive weapons.
    - Vickers slide stop

Internal
    - Gen3 Trigger Bar, smooth face (latest part#)(sometimes alter bar nose, but not an issue)
    - Minus connector
    - Standard Spring
    - Clean up internals

I think thats it. I can shoot a stock Glock just fine, but if I could change something, it will be to relieve the weapon to alleviate my Glock knuckle. I shoot Glocks so darn much that the knuckle has a permanent lump and feels arthritic. Downright painful, if I don't fix the frame.

I do more Glock 19's than anything else. Did 2 today as a matter of fact.

Glad I don't have to do a bunch of mods for them to work for me. I even like the finger grooves.

With Glocks I add a - connector typically, a NY1 spring, sights that I like, right now the Ameriglo set with the orange/trit front, Sherer grip plug, then I add a case or two of ammo through the gun to smooth out the trigger.....

I tend to run +2 OEM base plates on my G17 mags, which are my reloads no matter when Glock 9mm I am carrying, except in NJ
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Glad I don't have to do a bunch of mods for them to work for me. I even like the finger grooves.
    Me too, as it turns out. I originally thought that I needed the ground off, texture added, and all sorts of other melting, cutting, grinding, and shaping. As it turns out that pretty much all came out of the fact that I was used to the Gen 2 frame and was scared of the Gen 3.[/QUOTE]

I now go with cheater sights and trigger, and Vickers slide stop and mag button. If I was using a Gen 4 I doubt I'd mess with the mag button.

All Glocks I use get:

-- Better sights: For irons usually Trijicon HD, Warren, or Ameriglo 3-dot with bright green front and dim yellow back, although recently I've been using an RDS (typically an RMR02 or RMR06) with suppressor height BIS.

-- Glock OEM slide release or OEM extended slide release

-- Glock smooth trigger if not OEM installed (typically needs replacement on G19's)

-- Maritime spring cups if any use around water is anticipated

-- Radius and undercut trigger guard

-- Butt plug (the old Scherer "slug" plug was nice) or magwell.

Gen 3 Glocks I carry have:

-- Re-shaped Glock OEM extended mag catch

-- Glock "-" connector with stock trigger return spring

-- Stipple entire grip, forward frame side panels, under forward trigger guard

My gen 4 Glocks use:

-- Glock "dot" connector with stock trigger return spring

-- Glock OEM mag catch

-- Stipple front strap, forward frame side panels, under forward trigger guard
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

There's a lot of tweaking and upgrades going on in this thread for a pistol that's supposed to be so.....

.....never mind. I'm just going to turn into a troll.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    There's a lot of tweaking and upgrades going on in this thread for a pistol that's supposed to be so.....

For once we agree.

Valid point, but almost all of those tweaks take a fraction of time and cost comparing to what it takes to tweak 1911s, HKs, Czs etc.

Note that I add sights and ammo basically.

Just sayin.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List