Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19

"Is it safe?"
    Imagine my sadness when I discovered they were not using an actual dental drill in the movie, but instead a Dremel...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    Has anybody gone back to shooting a G19/Glock from another gun/action type?

Reason I ask is, I've been at the range with a friend a couple times and I'll shoot his G19 for a couple mags. I shoot it well -- faster out of the holster/time-to-first-shot (using a Vanguard 2), more consistently accurate first shots, and similar splits. I started out carrying a 19 in a Vanguard 2, and then went through the HK LEMs and ultimately ended up with SIGs in search of a "safer" AIWB gun. I'm almost considering picking up another 19 or 17 at this point and seeing where that takes me.

I also tend to shoot more consistently with my PPS. I think that's a function of the trigger, to be honest, which leads me to believe that I may just need to suck it up, go back to soul-less plastic pistols, and be done with it.
    I wouldn't carry the G19 AIWB. I can see why HK & Sig for AIWB.

If the G19 came stock with a safety I would !

I liked to get a G19 myself but like the safety of carrying hammer fired pistols even just IWB

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Dental drills...
    Question how much did it cost to install a safety on your G19

Imagine my sadness when I discovered they were not using an actual dental drill in the movie, but instead a Dremel...
    Eh. Tomato, dremel.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I never said there was anything perfect.

The thread just smacks of irony, given the common reasons that Glocks are suggested.
    I don't think you're reading the same thread(s) as everyone else.

Glocks are generally suggested, especially to new(er) shooters because they can and do work for 99.9% of applications right out of the box. it's only the fiddle-farter and the inteligentsia that "need" to make changes. Even the much maligned sights are easier to fix with a sharpie than a sight pusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I do all of my own work. Aside from my full time job and my private business, I have been armoring and smithing for quite some time. Glocks being simple in design and the polymer being easy to work with it was a no brainer when it came to modifications or literally fitting it to the hand of the shooter and a natural transition for me to get into.

Dremel's or rotary tools are a big part of performing professional gunsmithing or custom work on many weapon types / parts. Power tools are only dangerous in the hands of those who have little experience in doing this type of work. They are not always the best solution and many things need to be done by hand and knowing when and how to use any power tool is the key. Polymer is easy to work with, but being such a workable material it comes off quickly with a power tool. I am all for DIYers, but I always say to take a little at a time as it is easy to remove more material, but if you take off too much at one time, well we know where that often leads.

Oh, btw Glock frames are replaceable if you contact Glock.
    10-4 (also to sboers, thank you)

Glock frames are replaceable if you contact Glock.
    I picked up a GEN 4 21 for cheap due to the previous owner's bad stipple job. Doubt it's still under warranty, do they flat out replace or will they charge for it?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't think you're reading the same thread(s) as everyone else.

Glocks are generally suggested, especially to new(er) shooters because they can and do work for 99.9% of applications right out of the box. it's only the fiddle-farter and the inteligentsia that "need" to make changes. Even the much maligned sights are easier to fix with a sharpie than a sight pusher.
    I wonder what percentage of Glock pistols sold since inception have anything but the factory plastic sights -- bet it is under 10 percent.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I wonder what percentage of Glock pistols sold since inception have anything but the factory plastic sights -- bet it is under 10 percent.
    This is true of much of what "we" (the gun intelligentsia) perceive as "normal". Things like training, practicing, competing, carrying (let alone AIWB carrying), tracking performance, customizing guns based on all of the previous, etc. are not "normal" outside of these small circles. I attended my company's annual meeting yesterday and if all 330 employees were there (it was probably close, more like 300) I would be SHOCKED if even 5 were carrying a gun, and even more shocked if said 5 were carrying anything other than a completely stock firearm, and certainly none were carrying AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I wouldn't carry the G19 AIWB. I can see why HK & Sig for AIWB.

If the G19 came stock with a safety I would !

I liked to get a G19 myself but like the safety of carrying hammer fired pistols even just IWB

I realize that I am in a very small minority--but a 19 with a factory-installed safety is my dream pistol. Having seen far too many accidents of all kinds in my life, I believe that real safety takes more than just a mindset, it takes a process.

Site Supporter
    Heh...there's a joke about kitchen table gunsmiths there somewhere, but I have not the wit, nor the mental fortitude at the moment to exploit it.

User Tag List