Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by naza2004 View Post
    I have a G19 and G17 and have been playing with a - connector NY- 1 spring combo and like the increased take up and rest but during chambering a round I have to press the trigger back to chamber my first round. Am I doing something's my wrong? Has anyone dealt with this during competitions were trigger manipulation is a no no unless after the get ready command?
    You shouldn't have to do anything with a Glock trigger in order to chamber a round. Doing so is begging for an ND.

Site Supporter
    I have a G19 and G17 and have been playing with a - connector NY- 1 spring combo and like the increased take up and rest but during chambering a round I have to press the trigger back to chamber my first round. Am I doing something's my wrong? Has anyone dealt with this during competitions were trigger manipulation is a no no unless after the get ready command?
    FWIW, I have 5 Glocks in NY1/- configuration. None require touching the trigger to chamber a round. Something is definitely wrong. I'd stop using that gun until it's fixed.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    FWIW, I have 5 Glocks in NY1/- configuration. None require touching the trigger to chamber a round. Something is definitely wrong. I'd stop using that gun until it's fixed.
    This. What about the gun makes it impossible to chamber a round? Is the slide locked closed somehow?

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Add me to the other guys who run a "-" connector with NY-1 spring and don't need to manipulate the trigger in any way to chamber a round.

Can you elaborate on what goes wrong if you try to chamber a round without manipulating the trigger?

I'm trying my best not to sound dickish, but it puzzles me that "pull the trigger while chambering" was a troubleshooting 'fix' that you even tried in the first place. In my mind, that's built on the idea that "the pistol doesn't work when I observe proper safety rules... maybe it will work if I disregard them."
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    A - connector with a NY1 spring

Still playing with the dot connectors in gen 3 guns as an option
    In a Gen 4 would the stock connector with the NY 1 give a similar trigger?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    About 8 oz. heavier than a Gen 3 due to the angle of the trigger housing.

To elaborate, clear chamber, show clear, close slide dry fire trigger to release striker. After that with connector spring trigger stays to read, with the NY-1 spring, what seems random to me to spring is 'pushing' trigger forward enough that the slide requires more force than otherwise to rack the slide. Btw I discovered this due dedicated dry fire sessions. I noticed I can either forcefully rack the slide( which I felt may damage something or slightly apply pressure to the trigger and once it was moved back enough I can rack the slide normally.

Now after seeing this during dry fire I decided to remove the NY-1 spring and NOT use it until I have researched it more. I hope I have my explaination it better and thanks for you thoughts.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I noticed I can either forcefully rack the slide( which I felt may damage something or slightly apply pressure to the trigger and once it was moved back enough I can rack the slide normally.
    Whenever you run the slide to chamber a round, you should retract it fully, then completely let it go. This allows the slide to return to battery using the full force of the RSA, which is best for reliable function.

You will not damage your Glock by forcefully racking the slide. On the other hand, touching the trigger during administrative handling greatly increases your chances of eventually firing a round unintentionally. Don't build that habit.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Roger that! Hence my question. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I find the NY1 in a Gen4 with either a dot or - connector to be a pretty unshootable combination.

User Tag List