Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Glock 19

I always issued the 52 rounds, or maybe more, if they had Glock factory +2s on their guns, or a G26 BUG, etc.

Many Detectives carried the G19, but I normally issued them G17 mags for their reloads. I guess there really wasn't any "standard" on how many rounds a person got at my job.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    We tested a bunch of the 10 rd G17 & G19 mags, as that was all retired LE officers in CA could purchase--they did not run reliably. Note that at the last Glock Armorer's class I attended taught by Dennis Tueller, he specifically mentioned to NOT use the neutered 10 rd mags for duty/defense purposes. I agree with what JodyH wrote and would run a G26 and +0 pinkie extension before using a neutered Glock 10 rd mag.

I also have always downloaded my standard capacity G19 and G17 mags by one round.
    If I can chime in here, and apologies if you already know this, but others might not.

The Glock 10 round mags shipped with the Glock 19 to ban states include followers marked "2183-2" or a different "-" number. The 2183 followers were developed after some found that you could sometimes mash an 11th round into the 10rd magazines when used with the standard, at the time, 9mm3 followers.

However, this follower holds the round at a very acute angle (almost pointed straight at the feed ramp), particularly when you get down to the last 1-2 rounds of the magazine. It is impossible for me to drop the slide on a magazine loaded with just one round, as it will jam up on the feed ramp every time.

Replacing the 2183 followers with 9mm3 fixes the issue in every case I have experienced or witnessed. It is possible the reduced capacity mags are less reliable in some other way, but I haven't seen it myself. All of the issues I've seen with the mags seem to be solved with the follower.

If you call Glock, they will sometimes send you 9mm3 followers, otherwise they can be purchased from Lone Wolf and others.
    Join FPC

thanks for the above info! Here is a link to the desired followers:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=420
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Limited inquiries to friends trapped behind the lines in ban states such as California is that swapping the followers out cures the feeding issues with the 10 round mags.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

The follower change improves things with the 10 rd mag, but does not fully solve the issues, based on the 10 mags we modified and shot 100 rounds through each mag.

The only Glock 10 rd 9 mm mag I would personally carry for duty/defensive use is the G26 mag (probably in a chopped G19); otherwise, I would choose a different pistol--likely a M&P9c, as those 10 rd mags have worked flawlessly or move back to an M&P45.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The follower change improves things with the 10 rd mag, but does not fully solve the issues, based on the 10 mags we modified and shot 100 rounds through each mag.

The only Glock 10 rd 9 mm mag I would personally carry for duty/defensive use is the G26 mag (probably in a chopped G19); otherwise, I would choose a different pistol--likely a M&P9c, as those 10 rd mags have worked flawlessly or move back to an M&P45.
    Preaching to the choir...if only there was a 9mm M&P the size of the G19. I know I am not the only one to ask for that though.

M&P45c is an interesting choice since it is that size, it just gets into the whole caliber debate, which is additionally influenced by the artificial capacity limitation. There are a lot of people around here who do go with .45 with the "if I can only have 10 I want them to be the biggest they can be" argument.

However, but it seems to me that if you are doing it right, you're reloading when you can, not when you have to. So the ammo in the gun is less important than the ammo on your person in the hypothetical extended gun fight that goes beyond 10 rounds. And then I see people like Chris Fry, and others I look up to, all carrying 10 rounds in full size 9mms, which further validates my thinking. Finally, I guess I am an optimist and am planning to be out of the state soon enough that I can suffer through with the 10+1 rounds of 9mm for another year or two.

Probably a bit of thread drift here, but I do agree that the Glock could be less desirable in ban states for the reasons pointed out.
    Join FPC

User Tag List