Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lessons from gunfight on video

Thanks for the info, this is very useful stuff.

And quite good work by the guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Well "illegal gambling joint" just doesn't roll smoothly off the tongue or sound very Disney channel like internet cafe does.
    The lottery commission and the tribes are tough on competition, but that's another story.

Down here we had a crew of 2-3 doing armed robberies and I heard people say, "you don't have a chance against three guys." The security guard proved that superior numbers alone are not a deciding factor. It seems that they expected one reaction and got something quite different.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The lottery commission and the tribes are tough on competition, but that's another story.

Down here we had a crew of 2-3 doing armed robberies and I heard people say, "you don't have a chance against three guys." The security guard proved that superior numbers alone are not a deciding factor. It seems that they expected one reaction and got something quite different.
    "Alvin York" is often my reply to such statements.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Awesome.
    C Class shooter.

This guy was pretty awesome as well. Excellent reactions on his part. Either he was very well trained or, like York, he is a natural.

The York story is awesome. I think it's also pretty telling how his up bringing played a role in his ability to make those shots. Many don't know that he was actually against war and struggled for a long time before he decided to actually serve his country..

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Great example, but then I'd have to tell them who he was.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Wasn't he that character in Sgt. York played by Gary Cooper?

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Site Supporter
    The security guard proved that superior numbers alone are not a deciding factor. It seems that they expected one reaction and got something quite different.
    Taffy 3 - as a counter to the big caliber gun always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by GK17 View Post
    The shooting went down in 2012. I live about 10 miles from the place. "Internet Cafe" seems to be a term of flexible meaning. Here's a link that explains much.

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2013/03/b...elony-charges/

Palm Bay, Florida runs a higher than average Dirtbag/sq. mile which may be a factor in the guard's outstanding situational awareness.
    GK, whereabouts are you located? I'm from the Space Coast, just moved to TN a couple years ago.

User Tag List