Thread: Advice on form

Advice on form

Glock 17
    Around 20 yards

Im trying to figure out if I am moving my head due to the recoil or trying to follow the sights and see them faster. Input?

I asked my friend who is much better than me and he asked me what I saw the sights doing. They'd come up and apparently move left of right to some degree then back down and id break the next shot.

Steel Glock: http://youtu.be/wj421rhCJlU

*This is my friends Glock 17. Anecdotally I find the Glock easier to shoot acceptably but am more accurate with my M&P but I have to work at it more if that makes sense.

So I take and post video like this to improve, I know Im not a competition level shooter. I am happy with how ive improved but i want to keep improving. Thanks for any constructive input.

I was concerned I was moving my head looking for the sights. I think now I realize I need a better stance and to lean over more and shift my weight forward.

I'm no expert but you look decent as far as I can tell. I'd maybe lean more into it to absorb recoil better if you're shooting fast, think of it like having a boxing stance. I didn't notice your head doing anything crazy, you're not being a tactical turtle or anything.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Not that I'm anyone to give advice - so I won't, but your form looks good from what I can tell, its hard to see from that side-rear view.

Seems like you hit 16 out of 17, where's the problem?

I will ask, what are you trying to gain/achieve?

I don't find a lot useful doing full mag dumps. Bill drills at best for a single target, but dumping a mag at a time doesn't seem like the most productive use of the ammo.

But I'm not much compared to most around here, so take any of that for what it's worth.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I'm no expert but you look decent as far as I can tell. I'd maybe lean more into it to absorb recoil better if you're shooting fast, think of it like having a boxing stance. I didn't notice your head doing anything crazy, you're not being a tactical turtle or anything.
    I think thats it. I dont lean into it as much as I could because my feet are too squared up. I need to take up more of a fighting stance.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Not that I'm anyone to give advice - so I won't, but your form looks good from what I can tell, its hard to see from that side-rear view.

Seems like you hit 16 out of 17, where's the problem?

I will ask, what are you trying to gain/achieve?

I don't find a lot useful doing full mag dumps. Bill drills at best for a single target, but dumping a mag at a time doesn't seem like the most productive use of the ammo.

But I'm not much compared to most around here, so take any of that for what it's worth.
    I certainly agree. I do a mix of drills at the range. Im planning on shooting the FAST drill (test) soon. That is only 6 shots per.

Not really a "problem" here just looking to improve. I think what I posted above and was recommended above will help.

Are your elbows locked? Hard to tell from camera angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Are your elbows locked? Hard to tell from camera angle.
    Not fully. But good point to consider.

User Tag List