Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another victim of NJ's gun laws

Make enough laws and everyone becomes a criminal. Make enough people criminals and you'll eventually change the law by force (voting, rioting, revolution, taxpayers leaving).
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

A legal defense fund has been started: http://gogetfunding.com/project/van-...l-defense-fund

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Yes, he is a Lichtenstein sleeper agent and master assassin posing as an elderly eccentric academic. Rumor has it he had a cache of exotic ammo for that weapon including mercury and palladium filled Teflon coated projectiles. He also had a SB15 brace in the center council, a copy of the book of secrets that was three weeks overdue at the library of congress and an unopened can of corn. Lock him up and throw away the key.

I would like to actually read the police report and get the other side. It could be that this was exactly like the media has reported. With that said I seem to remember another guy claiming his friend had his hands up facing away from an officer pleading "don't shoot" when he was executed by the officer for no reason.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I would like to actually read the police report and get the other side. It could be that this was exactly like the media has reported. With that said I seem to remember another guy claiming his friend had his hands up facing away from an officer pleading "don't shoot" when he was executed by the officer for no reason.
    True, but I must admit NJ cops and the NJ state police in particular, have a really bad track record with regard to both firearms and discretion in general. Let's just say they played an unintentional role in the passage of both the FOPA and LEOSA.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    While I would not put old dude in the same category as the latter example, I also would not be surprised if it eventually comes out that his problems are largely self created. Unlike Revelle, the guy who who got stuck in Newark due to an airline SNAFU and subsequently jammed up, this guy is lives in the PRNJ and has had 72 years to figure out that Jersey is a little funny about guns and stuff. He is more than old enough to remember when you crossed the Delaware river and were greeted by these signs:

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Charges have been dropped.
    Weapons charges against a Maurice River Township man found to be in possession of an antique handgun have been dropped, the Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office announced Wednesday.

Gordon Van Gilder, 72, of Port Elizabeth, had been returning home Nov. 19 after retrieving a nearly-300-year-old flintlock pistol from a Vineland pawn shop when his vehicle was pulled over by Cumberland County sheriff's officers in Millville.

"The public should be forewarned about the prescriptions against possessing a firearm (even an antique) in a vehicle," Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McCrae said Wednesday in a written statement.

"Notwithstanding, upon careful review of the circumstances of this case, I am exercising prosecutorial discretion to dismiss the (unlawful possession of a weapon) charges in the interest of justice in accordance with," the Graves Act governing firearms offenses in New Jersey...

Site Supporter
    ^^^ Did he kiss the kings ring?
    When they make us all paper felons, what will they extract from us to gain this kind of favorable "discretion"?

Sickening.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Spot on Roy!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List