Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M855

I'm in complete agreement and believe I made the right choice,thanks guys

I got to the point that I started to exclusively shoot m855. Not because I like it but because it was my least favorite of the stuff I have in my stash(and I had a bunch). I might hang on to what I have left just cuz but have no plans of buying any more, even at "normal" prices.

If I might ask, what was/is a normal price for m855 and m193 ?

I ask because I never bought much of it. I'm in a rural area and have focused more on 7.62x51, even in semi auto carbines.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    If I might ask, what was/is a normal price for m855 and m193 ?

I ask because I never bought much of it. I'm in a rural area and have focused more on 7.62x51, even in semi auto carbines.
    Both seemed to be in the low to mid 30 cents/round since things stabilized after the Great Sandy Hook Shortage.

@Palmguy - thank you. I appreciate it.

It seems M855 is up to fifty cents a round from the emails I've been getting form retailers. FWIW I shot M193 for practice and competition and never had much use for M855.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Some people are paying Ruths Chris prices for Wendy's quality ammo.

I have some friends that think xm855 is the greatest thing since sliced bread,in my own homemade test that round did the worst against a vehicle vs xm193,5.56 gmx,55 gr sp and fmj reloads,and m67 7.62x39,the gmx penetrated almost as far as the 7.62 round and had an almost as big diameter hole. Correct me if I'm wrong but m193 doesn't suffer from fleet yaw variation correct? Is it possible the the penetrator cone on m855 could help with fragmentation? When we shot it it penetrated the same as my varmint sp reloads,went through the tailgate,hit the wheelwell and exploded into pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It seems M855 is up to fifty cents a round from the emails I've been getting form retailers. FWIW I shot M193 for practice and competition and never had much use for M855.
    That's what I've noticed, 50- 62.5 cents or so per round.

The mini panic is on it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I wasn't going to shoot M193, either. M855 will crater steel nicely.
    I have a 3 inch spinning plate I would shoot using SS109/M855 and it wouldn't make a dent.

Although I have shot stationary mild steel plates and would fully penetrate

User Tag List