Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silencer choice?

Silencer choice?

Choices are all SilencerCo,Omega 7.62,Specwar 5.56,Specwar K 5.56,I have a Trifecta flash hider installed.

On what platform/ intended use?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "You have to go faster to get faster and wasted motion is dumb."

Yeah.........what he said.

I'll hold off commenting until I can be sure that the topic doesn't get de-railed by people who have no fucking idea what they are talking about.........

I currently have a 762 specwar. On a colt 6920 with triffecta mount it is a little front heavy. On my 8 and 9" pistol barrels it is not an issue imo.

The 16oz Omega is pretty a appealing depending on application.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    I'm looking at a similar purchase - Basically I'm looking at the SAKER 762 vs the Omega.

I was set on a SAKER 762 and getting a 5.56 front cap and a MAAD rear cap to allow use of the SPECWAR / ASR mount as a "do it all" centerfire rifle suppressor for. 5.56. 300 blk and 308 but the new Omega can appears to be a viable option as well.

Is the all all Stellite baffle stack preferably to the Stellite / stainless steel of the Omega?

I went with a SAKER 7.62 because it was (a) available, (b) (relatively compared to SureFire) inexpensive, (c) available, (d) seems modular and versatile, and (e) available.

I don't know if I can tell a difference in dB ratings between brands and with my shooting schedule I will never in a million years wear a can out, so the choice of which was largely academic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    On what platform/ intended use?
    16" BCM middy in 5.56,I'll use it for home defense,vehicular carry,varminting,and possibly hunting,no 7.62 platforms yet,maybe in the future.

I love surefire.

That said...I always pick the shortest, lightest, least backpressure having product from any line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I love surefire.

That said...I always pick the shortest, lightest, least backpressure having product from any line up.
    So you would pick the Specwar K?

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    So you would pick the Specwar K?
    Yep

User Tag List