Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your definition of a "good" striker pistol trigger?

What is your definition of a "good" striker pistol trigger?

After some discussion on triggers in the PPQ/VP9 thread, and discussing a 320 trigger with a buddy this afternoon, it occurred to me that there is a range of perceptions on what constitutes a good striker pistol trigger for carry/duty and for gaming. I have some ideas, which have evolved over the years, but I am interested in how others define a "good" striker trigger?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    M&P w/ DCAEK, that's my definition of "good".

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    M&P w/ DCAEK, that's my definition of "good".
    Cheater -- I want to hear you describe the characteristics?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    It's too easy to quibble over the exact definitions of words. Some things like "roll" means different things to folks and I don't care to get lost in the weeds.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    5.5 ish pounds in weight, no grit, short travel. Honestly I am pretty happy with most stock Glock triggers as is, especially after they get a 5 figure round count going.

Site Supporter
    I like the Glock lone wolf 3.5lb trigger. Rolling-ish break, short reset, breaks about 4.5lbs on my G34. I prefer to let the trigger reset ASAP when shooting a match, so really the shortness of the trigger reset doesn't much matter to me other than to keep from short stroking the trigger.

I think there is a difference between a trigger that feels subjectively "good" and a trigger that is more shootable than another. Glocks are a good example for me. I won't ever pick up a Glock and dry fire it and think "man that has a great trigger," while I would do that on some other striker fired designs like the PPQ. However, when I'm actually running drills on the timer and being objective about my accuracy, I find it almost superior to any other striker fired trigger I've used.

After putting 250 rounds through a Canik TP9SA, i'd say it has the best striker fired trigger I've ever used - and I shot it alongside a Glock, M&P, and a HK VP9. Nice break, short tactile reset. I ordered one on the spot.

Maybe I'm not qualified, I don't own a Glock or any striker fired pistol. But to my way of thinking a good DA striker fired action would feel like my old Colt revolver, just shorter in travel.

My newly acquired VP9 is pretty darn good. That being said, I'm fairly trigger insensitive and think that all the current big name striker fired guns are just fine as is. My issue M&P 40 is just fine, as is the relatively heavy trigger on my backup shield. Before coming to my current agency, I spent 12 years with a Glock 22 as my issue gun, and that trigger was fine as wel. When I say fine, I mean fully capable of minute of felon accuracy when run at speed. For shooting tiny groups at the range, they are all lacking when compared to triggers designed or customized for that specific purpose.

User Tag List