Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Hills 5.56 70 gr GMX

Black Hills 5.56 70 gr GMX

This looks very interesting http://armsvault.com/2015/01/16/blac...rain-gmx-ammo/ Any tests done on it yet?

I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Your thoughts on this vs the 55 gr GMX out of a 16" middy and possible future 11.5" SBR?

They have that listed too;
    http://www.hornadyle.com/products/ri...mx-tap-barrier

The 55gr is still above 2700fps from a 10'5" gun

The gel shots look to be very similar, which would lead me to see of the 55gr GMX shot to my sights similar to M193. One might have a case where their duty/carry ammo and the practice ammo has exactly the same ballistics and POA=POI, that would be a good thing.
    www.agiletactical.com

The gel shots look to be very similar, which would lead me to see of the 55gr GMX shot to my sights similar to M193. One might have a case where their duty/carry ammo and the practice ammo has exactly the same ballistics and POA=POI, that would be a good thing.
    The 70gr GMX is tracking with MK262, ballistically. Whether this matches POI/POA, I do not know, but holds and BDC's should be nearly interchangeable. Out to about 500 yards, M193 is within a coffee-can of MK262.

Black Hills says the "floor" for 70gr GMX is 2100fps.

What confuses me is the penetration depth. The 55gr out-penetrated the 70gr, and they both expanded to similar diameters. Can ANYONE explain that one!?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The 70gr GMX is tracking with MK262, ballistically. Whether this matches POI/POA, I do not know, but holds and BDC's should be nearly interchangeable. Out to about 500 yards, M193 is within a coffee-can of MK262.

On paper, yes. In real life? Not so much. Until you shoot said ammo in your gun and get the Dope you have no idea how that's going to work out.
    www.agiletactical.com

On paper, yes. In real life? Not so much. Until you shoot said ammo in your gun and get the Dope you have no idea how that's going to work out.
    What could change?> Similar BC and MV are kindof hard fact unless someone is fudging numbers.

What could change?> Similar BC and MV are kindof hard fact unless someone is fudging numbers.
    Actual POI vs POA in your gun. That can never been known from charts. I have seen different loads shoot to way different POIs from a gun, and one never knows till they know.
    www.agiletactical.com

Actual POI vs POA in your gun. That can never been known from charts. I have seen different loads shoot to way different POIs from a gun, and one never knows till they know.
    Hence my original statement:

For example, 62gr TBBC always shoots at least 2-3MOA left for me. Doesn't matter which platform. Weird.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 02-14-2015 at 07:21 AM.

User Tag List