Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Variable Power Scopes (what does the money buy you?)

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    We have NF optics that are easily 7 years old, with documented hundreds of thousands of round on them each. They do eventually break, but they do their job.
    I'm personally in preference of the Leupy options, but NF makes a nice scope.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Have you seen any data or testing on the vcog regarding durability or reliability comparatively? It has a pretty housing...but what about the erector assy. And mag adjustment and...the giblets. How are it's giblets?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Have you seen any data or testing on the vcog regarding durability or reliability comparatively? It has a pretty housing...but what about the erector assy. And mag adjustment and...the giblets. How are it's giblets?
    Can't help with any of that, sorry.

From Tapatalk:
    Signature redacted due to length and repetition.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

I've heard good things about the Vortex Razor 1-6. Has anyone had problems with the Razor?

The razor is not super well made, but various military units are using it and I'm told they are very happy with it. I used one for a while, and though the glass was great and the field of view/eye relief was excellent, it was extremely heavy for my uses.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    The razor is not super well made, but various military units are using it and I'm told they are very happy with it. I used one for a while, and though the glass was great and the field of view/eye relief was excellent, it was extremely heavy for my uses.
    As I recall, you said it weighed more than a Swaro 1-6 and an Aimpoint together in respective mounts?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That's probably true, but I have little experience with the Swaro. A NF 2.5-10X32 and a T1 in an offset mount weigh almost exactly the same as a Razor alone. I would say that there is way more capability in the combo than in the razor. A NF1-4 and a t1 weigh less than the razor. Slightly less mag., but still more capability, IMO.

Not super well made? First time I've heard someone say that.

That's probably true, but I have little experience with the Swaro. A NF 2.5-10X32 and a T1 in an offset mount weigh almost exactly the same as a Razor alone. I would say that there is way more capability in the combo than in the razor. A NF1-4 and a t1 weigh less than the razor. Slightly less mag., but still more capability, IMO.
    You refreshed my recollection, it was the NF 2.5-10 and T1, not the Swaro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    Not super well made? First time I've heard someone say that.
    I've gotten that impression from people who use things before. I've never used a Razor, but I've heard too much shoddiness to use one, personally. The final kicker was one of my friends buying one and it just "going fuzzy" on him at a carbine course. He doesn't know what's wrong, and hasn't sent it in yet. If you're going to spend Vortex money for a POS, why not spend a bit more and get a Kahles/VCOG/Swaro/Leupold/???

User Tag List