On some sight setups, I find that proper sight alignment (top edges lined up, front post centered) does not coincide with the three dots being lined up. In these setups, I find the front dot, in proper alignment, to be higher than the rear dots. This is not much of a concern under normal lighting, but I find it a bit annoying for low light shooting, since the tritium dots are the only reference I may have.

Does anyone else here experience this? If so, do you get accustomed to what a proper alignment really looks like with the tritium? Or, alternatively, do you just line up the tritium dots, ignoring the issue, figuring that the offset is not big enough to matter for typical distances and target sizes?

I really need to experiment a bit more at the range in various lighting to figure out how big of an offset it is and how it translates to shots on target with my current setup.

Notably, I didn't have this issue with the Trijicon HDs on my G19, but I had accuracy and other vertical alignment issues with those that massively improved when I switched to a T-CAP front with a yellow Pro Operator rear. With the TCAP and Pro Operator, I definitely notice this issue. It's also complicated a little bit by the fact that the front tritium vial is noticeably smaller than the rear ones. I'm curious if Ameriglo would do a rear sight with the smaller tritium vials to match. I'm also tossing around the idea of the classic Operator rear, instead of the "Pro", and am wondering what that would be like in comparison. Separately, I have a sneaking suspicion that the standard width CAP wouldn't have this issue, but I really like the thinner front post.