Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm gel: Fiocchi 147 gr XTP

9mm gel: Fiocchi 147 gr XTP

Fiocchi 147 gr XTP fired from G22 with Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel through four layers of denim into calibrated 10% gelatin.

BB: 592.8 fps, 3.6"

Impact velocity: 957.1 fps
    Penetration: 14" of gel, one 6" water jug
    Retained weight: 147.0 gr
    Max expansion: 0.460"
    Min expansion: 0.365"

I have changed up my format quite a lot over the last few videos and I'm interested to hear what elements you like best. Which camera angles and segments are most entertaining or useful to you? What should I change and what should I keep the same?

I always enjoy your videos, and I greatly appreciate the time and effort you take to make the testing happen. I know for a fact that working with gelatin is a PITA
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Thank you for your appreciation.

Fairly standard performance for an XTP right? A bit low on the expansion and a bit high on the penetration...

Quote Originally Posted by j.d.allen View Post
    Fairly standard performance for an XTP right? A bit low on the expansion and a bit high on the penetration...
    Depending on velocity, yes
    www.agiletactical.com

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    If one was looking for a deep penetration round in 9mm that still gave reliable expansion, would the 147 XTP would be the round to go with?

For say, the times you carried a 9mm back country.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    If one was looking for a deep penetration round in 9mm that still gave reliable expansion, would the 147 XTP would be the round to go with?

For say, the times you carried a 9mm back country.
    Wouldn't be a bad choice, nor their new 124gr +P American Gunner loading (or whatever they are calling it). I think I'd go with their 135gr +P Critical Duty for that job if I had a choice of Hornady ammo.
    www.agiletactical.com

Thanks for testing that. This bullet is loaded by prograde at around 1130fps in 9mm id love to see that with a longer block.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Wouldn't be a bad choice, nor their new 124gr +P American Gunner loading (or whatever they are calling it). I think I'd go with their 135gr +P Critical Duty for that job if I had a choice of Hornady ammo.
    Chuck do you think the CD 135+P is deepest penetration load on the 9mm list.
    I would think so because it doesn't expand as much as HST,Bonded loads

Quote Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
    Thanks for testing that. This bullet is loaded by prograde at around 1130fps in 9mm id love to see that with a longer block.
    Thanks for watching. More velocity will usually mean less penetration with a JHP projectile.

User Tag List