Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Khaki pants for carry

To be fair the same could be said of any EDC kit for any run of the mill job. I like to have a knife, gun, and light on me every day if possible, regardless of the happiness of my locale.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    How much of that stuff do you think you will really need while actually on the job as a golf pro?
    Probably about as much as any of the rest of us with normal civilian jobs. Like most people on this forum, I don't play the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    To be fair the same could be said of any EDC kit for any run of the mill job. I like to have a knife, gun, and light on me every day if possible, regardless of the happiness of my locale.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    How much of that stuff do you think you will really need while actually on the job as a golf pro?
    Well my job isn't the typical pro job description. When I work, I work alone. That includes checking people in, tending bar, taking care of the carts, etc. The golf course is in a secluded area and we're open from sun up to sun down. Having a light is quite handy. Also I've found from working at other courses having a blade on your person is quite handy. I'm really not carrying that much stuff especially compared to what a lot of people on here carry everyday.

Stuff I intend to carry:
    Cell phone
    Wallet
    Kershaw Scallion knife (2.25")
    Streamlight Microstream
    Smith Shield 9mm
    Spare magazine for Shield (although I'd like 2 given the limited capacity)

Like others have said I have just as much "need" for this stuff as a lot of other people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Well my job isn't the typical pro job description. When I work, I work alone. That includes checking people in, tending bar, taking care of the carts, etc. The golf course is in a secluded area and we're open from sun up to sun down. Having a light is quite handy. Also I've found from working at other courses having a blade on your person is quite handy. I'm really not carrying that much stuff especially compared to what a lot of people on here carry everyday.

Stuff I intend to carry:
    Cell phone
    Wallet
    Kershaw Scallion knife (2.25")
    Streamlight Microstream
    Smith Shield 9mm
    Spare magazine for Shield (although I'd like 2 given the limited capacity)

Like others have said I have just as much "need" for this stuff as a lot of other people on here.
    Honestly, I don't see why you need cargo pockets for how much you're carrying.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I carry more in dress pants.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why you need cargo pockets for how much you're carrying.
    It's not necessarily cargo pockets I need. Honestly the MK extra pocket would probably work well for me granted I'd like it on both sides. I like my cell phone to have a dedicated pocket and like I said earlier the Raven pocket shield with BFG mag carrier doesn't work well for reloads. Plus this stuff can get a bit heavy in normal dress pants. Having more and/or heavier duty pockets is nice.

TGS makes a valid point, you could probably get away pretty easily with dress pants if they could support a decent belt properly and the knife/light doesn't wear holes in any fabric.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Like most people on this forum, I don't play the odds.
    Everyone plays the odds in this context.

The more I study the MK pants and consumer reviews about them, the more I like them. They seem well-built, well-designed, and fairly benign in appearance (as opposed to 'tactical,' which I generally avoid). I will try a pair, and suggest that the OP look closely at these as well.

how are the MK on sizing? I cut back/stopped drinking a little bit ago and dropped an inch or two off my waist(I was a 32 and no I'm thinking a 30 in jeans)... this has caused some issues when carry as my oversized pants (waist wise) bunch up to the right of the holster. Anyone know if tailors will bring in the waist of jeans? lol

User Tag List