Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W model 66

Dang, Drang beat me to Jim's checklist.

KeeFus, if your in NC (IIRC), keep an eye on the police supply places like Lawmans and Dana Safety Supply. They get confiscated firearms from Departments, can find some good deals there.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Dang, Drang beat me to Jim's checklist.

KeeFus, if your in NC (IIRC), keep an eye on the police supply places like Lawmans and Dana Safety Supply. They get confiscated firearms from Departments, can find some good deals there.
    Yeap, still in NC. I went to Lawmens in Raleigh last week but they had none. Im also searching the local forums.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Yeap, still in NC. I went to Lawmens in Raleigh last week but they had none. Im also searching the local forums.
    I know where there is an early model 65 (fixed rear sight) at a reasonable price.

This is my 1'st post on this forum and I look forward to posting many more. The Model 66 no dash they dash 4s are truly great revolvers, once S&W went to MIM parts and the dreaded lock the older precook examples became more sought after. I carried one for years as a duty gun before my department switched over to semi autos. One of my favorites are the 3" versions.

Yes, a 3" 19 or 66 is on my list of things I "need" at some point.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Be aware that a non-dash Model 66 has a tendency to seize up as it heats up. Mine will fire about eighteen rounds of magnum ammo before the cylinder starts to stick. It's fine with .38 ammo. Later engineering changes eliminated that tendency.
    Trooper - what kind of sights are those on this gun?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Trooper - what kind of sights are those on this gun?

Thanks.
    I think they're meps

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/489...-tritium-green

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Thanks for that , just ordered a set......CYA
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

User Tag List