Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: model 64 for appendix

I had the precision hideout grips on a 64 snub for a while. I found that they would twist in my hand especially in the summer when my hands were hot and sweaty. I realize the smoothness keeps them from grabbing shirts but it didn't provide enough traction for me.

Yet another thread that makes me want to spend money....
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I had the precision hideout grips on a 64 snub for a while. I found that they would twist in my hand especially in the summer when my hands were hot and sweaty. I realize the smoothness keeps them from grabbing shirts but it didn't provide enough traction for me.
    The key word is "hideout" grips. One of the nice things about revolvers is the ability to configure the stocks to t
    The task at hand. In this case, the PGS grips are a great daily deep concealment grip, yet will be lacking for a day at the range. For me a good example is with one of my snub nose .44 magnum Smith's. It normally has VZ grips on it. I have shot full house magnums with them so I know how they will feel. With that said, when I take it out for some shooting it gets some comfy Pachmayr rubber.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    This is true.
    If I am taking a class or some other higher round count activity, I'll be switching them out from my stash of new old stock uncle mikes boot grips.
    As DB says, they conceal very well. It's a trade off.

The Model 64 and the Winchester 158gr+P LSWCHP was the issued gun/ammo of Dallas PD through the very violent 1980's. It put many a Jamaican and Cuban coke head in the ground.

There are still a few M64s floating around in DPD, in addition to other snubs as BUGs, and the load of choice is the same, it just comes from Remington instead.

Nyeti: "With that said, when I take it out for some shooting it gets some comfy Pachmayr rubber. "

I second that, nothing like a large rubber grip for shooting comfort. Although I have gotten great performance from some Hogue Bantam rubber grip on my M13 3". Small enough for carry [round butt]. But enough surface for me to shoot matches with, a good compromise.

Just got this project finished up. Dog walking and quick grab and go gun. Neat little CCC minimalist holster that clips on and I have a custom made small Eagle fanny pack with no interior that it fits in like a glove. 2" Model 64-2. Gunsmith fixed a couple minor issues and lock up is tight now. He also installed a factory DAO bobbed hammer. I like the old mike's boot grips but I would like to find some of the old Sile rubber boot grips for it. I ll get some rounds through it next week and it is going to be a beater carry gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    That gun is going to love me, Darryl! Exactly like my first off duty gun....
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That gun is going to love me, Darryl! Exactly like my first off duty gun....
    Yea, I am sure this will be he normal thing where I get all excited about my new gun, and you shoot a group inside of mine......which always takes the fun out of that first range trip with a new acquisition

How easy is it to pick up the front sight on that revolver? I have a 3 inch barrel 64, which is a terrific pistol, except with all the stainless steel it is very hard to pick up the front sight.

User Tag List