Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: model 64 for appendix

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    How easy is it to pick up the front sight on that revolver? I have a 3 inch barrel 64, which is a terrific pistol, except with all the stainless steel it is very hard to pick up the front sight.
    Paint it red/orange.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    So I have a line on a model 64 with a 4 inch barrel. I am going to contact JM here soon to get a holster in the works.
    so here are my questions:
    -is a 4inch barrel to uncomfortable for appendix carry?
    -what speed loader for concealed carry?
    -what should I carry my speed loader in?
    -best concealed carry grips for a round butt k frame?
    A 4" K-frame should be no problem AIWB unless you're built strangely. I find them easier to carry that way than a G17/19.

I'd love to get a Model 65 and swap the bull barrel for one of the slender 4" Model 64 barrels. Kind of a K-frame Mountain Gun...

Okie John

Site Supporter
    I have a JM Custom AIWB holster for my 4" K Frames. It's nicely made and works fine. The whole "sitting while carrying AIWB" thing definitely takes some getting used to though -- at least for me.

Nyeti,

You mentioned that you had written something up about sped loaders...did that post ever make it anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    How easy is it to pick up the front sight on that revolver? I have a 3 inch barrel 64, which is a terrific pistol, except with all the stainless steel it is very hard to pick up the front sight.
    I just got into my girlfriends drawer of front sight paint and found a bright red I liked and it helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by HRL View Post
    Nyeti,

You mentioned that you had written something up about sped loaders...did that post ever make it anywhere?
    I don't remember.....
    In a nutshell, my experience has been that Safariland's are fast, HKS are robust. Some of he newer loaders like SL variant are really nice, but hard to find at times. I still need to get some 5 Stars to try out as they look great but I don't like the way they turn to release due to my being wired up to turn the HKS direction. They may be worth a shot. For a new revolver user, they would be a great way to go.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Nice! Never heard of 5 star before today, little extra googling came up with two neat things:

1. Looks like you may be able to specify which way you want to turn to release rounds.
    2. Because they're aluminum, they're thin enough to clear j-frame Crimson trace grips.

User Tag List