Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: model 64 for appendix

model 64 for appendix

So I have a line on a model 64 with a 4 inch barrel. I am going to contact JM here soon to get a holster in the works.
    so here are my questions:
    -is a 4inch barrel to uncomfortable for appendix carry?
    -what speed loader for concealed carry?
    -what should I carry my speed loader in?
    -best concealed carry grips for a round butt k frame?

I know several guys carrying G34s AIWB, and those are rather long guns for that job. Holster choice is the key.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Ok, I currently carry a G19 in a JM and am just gonna send him a email and see if he can send me the same set up for the wheel gun. Should be a fun experiment.

For grips, PGS grips. Great concealment grips, seen here on my own 4" NY-1 64.

Name:  NY-1Denny_zpsaf240633.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  42.1 KB

For speedloaders, good old HKS loaders in some Andrews Custom leather split belt pouches (gun is, incidentally, another NY-spec wheelie, the SPNY)

Attachment 3090

Let me know how the AIWB JM holster experiment works out, if you would. Had the same exact though myself.

I sure will. Those grips look great and appeals to my cheap side. Do you prefer the hk speed loaders over the comp 2?

Damnit! I had a nice reply all typed out and my phone refreshed the page wiping it out. Here is what I did. http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=13161
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Sidheshooter,
    I went to the PGS website, rather devoid of pictures or information. Or maybe it's just my computer? What are the grips made of? They look nice and might look good on my S&W M13 3"..

What round should I carry in this guy... does it matter that its not rated for +p?

I'm not the world's leading S&W revolver expert, but pretty sure you should be GTG with +P rounds from that gun.

Most of the guns from that era are regulated for 158gr ammo, I'd start with one of the LSWCHPs from Federal, Remington or Winchester
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    I agree +P ammo is fine in that gun. A pre-Model 10 M&P would be a different story. With fixed sight K Frames I've usually carried 158gr LSWCHP+P. Mostly Remington.

User Tag List